Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Positive Story cortisone injection

allykataallykat Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Spinal Injections
I have good news. Let me start at the beginning. I am a positive person. I am a person who wants to believe there is hope. When I joined this forum I felt hopless, lost and like I was falling deeper and deeper into a hole. When I joined this forum I was desperate for some good news. I found none. I appreciate how essential it is to support one another and I love that there is an environment for people to feel comfortable to share their sorrow and pain, but I was desperate for an "I made it through and so can you" story. I have been involved in 7 months of chronic pain in my back, buttocks, claf and ankles especially caused by herniated discs at L4/L5 and L5/S1 and canal stenosis. In this time I have spent constantly undergoing non surgical therapy including osteopathy, physiotherapy, accupuncture, spiritual healing and hydrotherapy but I was finally in so much pain I needed something else. It was time to get a cortisone injection. Again I came to this website for some advice, and was shocked by all the horror stories and unfortunate cases of people having none or terrible results. I was so scared about the pain and future disapointment I nearly cancelled my appoinment altogether. But I went and it was easy, painfree and already I am feeling results. The most excruciating part of the process was the unnecessary stress I had caused myself. I do think it is essential to have an informed view of what will happen and to hear the worst case scenarios as well as the best. But I also want people to know it may not be terrible. Don't expect this to be a magic bullet, but do have an open mind.

I am so glad I had this injection it took literally 30 seconds and was only as painful as any other needle I have had before. The most uncomfortable thing was lying on my stomach for the scan which only took 5 minutes. The dr was sweet, calming and very positive.

This forum is an amazing place for people with pain to join together, I am glad to have found it, and I am glad to contribute a positive story.

Good Luck everyone!!!!!!

• That's wonderful that you had good results. I hope they will continue and you will have less pain. Thanks for posting a good outcome.

Your doctor must be very speedy. I've never had one even remotely that quickly.
  • I'm so happy to hear that the injection helped you, and that you're feeling better!! It is great to hear the success stories, amongst all the gloom and doom. Thank you for posting, I'm going for my first facet joint injection this morning, and like you, am keeping a positive frame of mind about it. I've been getting weekly nerve blocks for the past two months, which really only worked for that day, but it gave me a day of relief at least. The injections never really nothered me, unless he hit a nerve, but that apin would only last a few seconds. The nurse always laughs after, when taking my bp, as if it was high, she'd know that he hit something, lol. Anyways, I hope the effects of your injection last a long time, and keep you in that positive frame of mind!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,856

For a Spine-Health Site introduction, Click on :

Welcome To Spine-Health

If you have any questions, feel free to contact (PM) any one of the Moderators here Priestess , Jeauxbert, Bruce , Paulgla, DiLauro
    In addition, you can always contact any one of the members of the Authority team haglandc , tamtam , Neck of Steel , Cath111

The Spine-Health Web site offers so much more than these Member Forums.
    Check the various tabs at the top of the Spine-Health page and you will find so much that is offered here.

Please remember that all information you receive from members on this forum is NOT
    formal medical advise. You should always consult with your doctors.

To get back to the Forums, you can always click on Forum Home

Please feel free to contact me at rdilauro@gmail.com or send me a message
    It was very refreshing to read your post. Although you are in pain and have problems, you maintain a positive outlook. I firmly believe that while doing this and never giving up, our odds are always better in beating chronic pain.
    ESI (Spinal injections) has always been an item of many discussions here. Some say it was one of the most painful experiences they had, some say that they didnt get anything out of it and then there are those that did get good results. Look at
    your positive results from the shots as building block in which you will continue climb ahead to the summit.
    So many people dealing with chronic pain always strive for this. There will be times when we take a number of huge steps forward, but there are also times when we slip
    The most important thing to do when we slip, is to pull ourselves together and keep on moving upward.
    You seem to have just the character and traits to do that.
    Good luck
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I was just like you - scared to death! I had my first injection on 10/2. The night before, I came on here and read. Well, I read as many horror stories as success stories so I got even more afraid.
    It turned out that the worst part of it was the fear I had built up! The whole process was about 15 minutes and most of that was preparation! The only pain I've had was the injection site the next day and it wasn;t really "pain". Since then I've felt well. I was scheduled for another injection on Oct. 9th but it was cancelled at the last moment. Believe it or not the night before that one I managed get myself scared all over again. I'll go again on Oct. 23rd. Very glad to come on here tonight and see your story, another success story!