Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

feeling hopeful

shirleysshirley Posts: 201
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Pain Management
went for my first app with pain management yesterday, i didnt have to fight to be heard, he really listened to what i was saying. he has changed my meds, offered me facet steroid injections and epidural and accupuncture.
for the first time in 2 yrs i feel like i count, he wants me to stay with the programme for 6 months before i think about fusion. really glad, i felt i was being pushed into it.
he said my range of movement is really poor, i had a horrid night with pain but i am so happy, he has given me hope again.
he spoke to my hubby on his own, thanked him for coming with me and for the support he is giving me, what a lovely thing to do.
the weather is pretty gloomy here today but i feel like im in paradise. hooray for a good doc =D>

• Being comfortable with your doctor can make all the difference in the world to us in chronic pain. I wish you the best of care....

• I'm so happy for you. I always feel bad when someone posts that their doctor doesn't listen, doesn't take any time with them, etc., so it's so great to hear your good news.

Congratulations. Please keep us posted on your progress.
  • It's always nice when we feel like we are being heard, and not "herded" with the rest. This is going to make SUCH a difference in your overall status. You will still be fighting, but you have an ally who isn't the enemy at all! (hey - it made sense in my head when I was typing it...)

Your PM doc does accupuncture too? that's cool. I did accupuncture; I didn't think it was going to help but I went along with it because my hubs kept telling me about 2 people that did and had good results. Turns out, this is one of those things you don't have to believe in for it to actually work. AMAZING is all I can say.

What a cool stroke of luck on your part! Good luck on this, your new trip. I hope you will be able to sit back and enjoy the ride now. Sounds like you're in good hands!

• It sure makes a difference when your Dr. helps you through this. Who needs another uncaring cold Dr. as I've had 2 out of 3 that gave me no hope. I felt better range of movement after the facet joint injections and decrease leg pain after the epidurals. Best wishes to you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • i cant wait to get started on this new journey, my GP is a total different story, went to see him yesterday, he looked at my x-rays said i see where the prob is, NOT, he was looking at thoracic (spelling) my probs are all with lumbar. he said it looks perfectly normal, i had to point out fracture and slip.
    he said OH YEAH, he is a waste of space, so glad ive got a good doc on board now, will give you an update as things progress
  • It's womderful that you have a Doctor who will listen to you and one you can trust!!
    Both my GP and my pain Doctors are a joke and I truly suffer because of it. My pain is wofefully under treated and I do suffer every day because of it.
    I can only hope the Doctor I am to see about a pain pump implant will listen and understand. If not, I shall run like a spooked deer out of his office.

I am so happy for you. Having a Doctor you trust means everything to us who suffer with chronic pain.

Best of luck to you my friend.
    Patsy W :H