Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Rhizotomy and Spinal Cord Stimulator

Darrell ODDarrell O Posts: 14
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Pain Management
Scheduled for A Rhizotomy on Nov. 3rd and then a Spinal Cord Stimulator evaluation after that. Has there been someone here that has the Stimulator implanted, that can tell me if it works for them, and what I can expect with this implant?

• I have the SCS and I am very happy to have it (actually I have two of them). If the rhizotomy works for you, then you might not need to go forward with the trial for the SCS. If the rhizotomy gives you long lasting relief it is a much less invasive way to get treated. However, I continue to have nerve blocks and rhizotomy procedures along with my implants. It is the combination of many things that keep me going. Please let me know if you have specific questions about the SCS trial or the permament implant surgery.

• If you type SCS into the search box at the top of the page, you will find that there are 100's of posts discussing all aspects of spinal cord stimulators. There are several of us on Spine Health who have had them implanted after going through a battery of other treatments and surgeries over the years.

• I guess my fear of having the SCS is that I have a fusion at C6 and C7 with a plate. When the PM doctors were discussing this option of a SCS there was some discussion regarding the implant between them, they left the room and came back stating that it would be Ok for the implant. Makes me wonder a little bit...
  • It probably depends on what lead they want to use.
    I have a precutaneous cervical lead that is threaded into my Thoracic spine area then runs up to the area you are referring to.

There are many people who have an SCS after a fusion.

If you run a search for SCS, you can get a lot more info.