Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

feet & legs burning, back pain out of sight

MaggiePMMaggieP Posts: 349
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Chronic Pain
I spent the afternoon buying a 2008 Ford Escape Limited. Heated leather seats 6 way adjustable, heated mirrors, lots of bells and whstles. Hated to give up my navigation, but couldn't take getting down into the CivicEX. I went back a year, but the SUV just makes more sense for me. You all know how much standing around you do when buying a car, not a quick process! I had planned on groc shopping afterwards, got in the store, grabbed about 3 things and came home. My back is in major pain, and my feet feel like they're burning up. Any input on increasing the next dose of neurontin? My PCP has told me before I can, but have never tried it. Will it make me sleepy? Or dopey? (I know, two of the dwarfs =)) ) It's really hard for me to put a lidoderm patch on by myself. Any volunteers :D

So tomorrow hopefully I can get some rest, what groc I need for the next week, cook dinner for my son, Condo Assoc meeting, and on ad naseum. Life is so wonderful ~X( I'm sure I will get some real funny looks when I go to work Monday, 2 new cars in 6 months is a little extreme, even for me!

• When your doc wrote your prescription for Neurontin, did his instructions on the bottle give an increase increment? Generally if the doc does give the go ahead to increase "as needed", then the dose is based off of the size of the capsule or tablet being used in the base dose. For instance, many people start off with Neurontin at 300mg two or three times a day and will increase it by 300mg a day for the next increase. Can you call your doc or call the pharmacist?

Usually when increasing Neurontin it will make many people drowsy and for some a bit confused. I had a tad bit of drowsiness initially and then adjusted easily after that.

Hopefully in the morning you will feel better and your pain levels will be back down. I would recommend calling your doc to verify how much you can adjust your Neurontin dose to as well as to have it annotated in your medical records that you had to increase the dose.

Enjoy the new car.

• Glad to hear you've got a suv again. Heated seats, yeah!

Sorry you're in pain but maybe a good night's sleep will tone things down. I'm with C ask the pharmacist or doctor about the increasing the meds.

Enjoy the new escape!

• Your post is too funny, lol. Enjoy your new car! Ditto on the above. Make sure your medical records indicate that you are allowed to increase the dose so if you run out of the medicine, the pharmicist will refill it for you.

Best to you,

• i agree that you need to seek advice form your doctor. He may want to prescribe another med to partner with the neurotin. I was on Neurotin, topamax and elavil at the same time. Combos,ive been told, seem to work the best. But this is an answer only your doctor can opt for.
  • I plan on calling my doctor. I always seem to screw up things when pharmacy and dr offices closed. One of the benefits of small town living I guess. I took one extra 300mg neurontin last night before bed, along with everything else I take, as well as two pain patches. When I woke up I was a little better, until I had to go get the grocerys I didn't get yesterday. So home again and in pain. Not quite as bad, so hopefully tomorrow will be better.
  • we don't have that model over here but it look very nice {i have just googled it} its more like the hyundai Santa fa or the BMW x5 or land rover discovery .my care is the next size down
  • I am wondering what the maximum dose is for neurontin? I am on 1800mg per day at 3 times 600mg tabs a day. Is anyone on more than that?

My doctor said I am at the highest dose you can take (maybe here in Australia?) but I know its not helping my pain levels. If its at the highest dose maybe my oxycontin needs to go up but the doc is loathe to do that too. I am on half the dose for oxycontin that I was pre-surgery and he wants to keep me there. I did too but not sure how I will cope as my pain since my surgery 13 months ago is getting worse each day. I dont see my surgeon until end of November so could be interesting (read: DISTRESSING) time for me until I see him.

regards Mick
  • I have been told also that 1800mg is the max dose for neurontin (I'm in US). I'm sorry that it isn't helping your pain levels. Have you thought about a new MRI to see if something elso is causing your pain? Hope you can find something better for your pain when you see your neuro.

This discussion has been closed.