Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

12 days post op

Sweetrobs2SSweetrobs2 Posts: 48
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi All,
It's been 12 days since my surgery and I am doing well. No sore throat or hoarseness or "lump" in my throat so able to eat just about anything. Still sleeping in my make shift recliner (dont own a real one) Tried laying down in bed but even reclined it doesn't work for me with this collar. Pain has lessened but still needing the pain meds. It iw the worst in the morining even though I am usually up sometime during the night and take something. Over all, I am pleased with the surgery and recovery. I am sure if I had not learned as much as I did from these forums, I would not feel I am doing as well as I am. Even showering with the collar on has not been a big deal and it feels great!! I will continue to post and am confident each one will be a happpy and successful statement. Last week I was not happy I went through with the surgery, but now I am!

Talk to you soon.

• Great news Robin. Thanks for checking in.

• If you are feeling the surgery was worthwhile after just one week, I think your recovery is going very well!

Keep up the good work...listen to your body. Remember to rest and walk, rest and walk and remember that it is easy to do too much when your pain lessens...take it easy!!
  • Sounds like you're doing great! I'm with you on the first week going "what the heck did I do?

I'm going on 13 weeks and have had some wild rides but I have none of the pain I had before the surgery. I have healing discomfort but minor. I was given the exercise from the shoulders down with what ever weight you want pass today.

I'm excited to feel what it feels like at the end of my year. The doctor said do not judge this for a year and that helped me with being more realistic with my desires.

Do you have a plate and screws? Is it a hard collar? I assume it is cuz showering in a soft collar would take a lot of skill LOL

Are you out walking yet? I'm happy for you Robin. Hang in it gets better!