Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

op date is set for 29th 7am

treadyttready Posts: 61
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hi folks iv not posted for about 8weeks my last post i told you id had my post op, well today the news iv waited 10 months to hear (england big waiting list) my op date its next thursday 7am i carnt wait im in 24hr a day pain and life is pritty crap as those who suffer will no what im talking about,im having bone of hip and fusion i surpose when the day comes ill be craping my pants but for now im just glad to now im finally going in to hospital any advice would be welcome thanks tready

• Good Luck and I hope that your recovery goes well for you. I dont know what kind of fusion you are having, but just remember not to bend twist or lift. Go through the post op must haves and get things ready for your recoup. Make sure you have plenty of help when you get home.I have head surgery on Monday so I will be getting home about the time you have surgery. I will be praying for your speedy recovery.
  • We are on the same week. Robin is having surgery on Monday, I am having my fusion surgery on Tuesday and you are going in on Thursday.

Please keep us posted on your recovery. I have scoured the post op must haves listed here, and the advice is wonderful. I have gotten everything that I need (I hope) for when I come home.

I have found this site to be the best support system I could hope for.

Good luck to you on your surgery!

• thanks iowarobin and DIFerris good look with your op,s hope all goes well for you also, ill have a look in the post op must haves thanks again be safe
  • I Just read everyones posts and it really took me back to how scared I was 9 wks ago when I had my 2 level 360 alif. I wish you all the best, you have a long, rocky road ahead of you in the next few weeks and it ( In my experience) seems to get worse before it gets better, then it gets worse again!! I don't want to scare you, but just want to remind you that you need to be prepaired for the long haul in this. I have to say I honestly thought I would be different and it would be easy, Im tough etc... boy was I wrong. You have to force yourself to not overdo, rest and do not become fatigued if you can, walk but don't sit ( I can sit, but rarely do, just standing, walking or laying, sitting really puts so much stress on an already stressed out part of your body), and ALWAYS remember, you can come here to pour out your heart, vent, cry (all of which I have done here and everyone has been sooooo kind), Your biggest enemys will be bordom, depression, and constipation (Ha!). Don't let either build up, talk talk talk, walk walk walk and of course take your stool softeners!!! Good luck to all of you, I will say prayers for each and every one of you!!