Had pre-op yesterday and was very surprised to find out a few things. During the initial doc visit we discussed the actual surgery risks, not really what would be done. So I went into my pre--op with a few questions.
1. Removeal of l5 hardware is outpatient.
2. No brace required after surgery.
3. Can drive afer 4 days.
4. Holes in bones won't be filled.
5. Blood loss is very common because it's second surgery.
6. Doc will NOT do any type of exploration, since previous MRI shows nothing. Even though I asked if she could since I'm having issues with nerve going to genital....nope.
Is this what others had done? I know it's supposed to be much easier than the original surgery, but this sounds way too easy.