Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Facts vs Personal Opinions

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
Every once in a while we may come across a post where a member talks about a surgical procedure, a treatment, a medication, etc that is the best and that there is no other way.

Its good to hear that people have found something that works for them. There are so many people with all types of spinal problems. Saying that you have a L4/L5 problem and another member having a L4/L5 problem doesnt make them the same.
Each situation is unique.

So when any of us find that one magic solution, its great to post it on these forums. But, please I really need to stress that somewhere in that post, it is so very important for the member to also add In my opinion, this has ......

I've received messages where a member read someone's post about a specific treatment and how successful that was. That person then went back to their doctor and basically insisted that they receive that same treatment and that nothing else would work. The person sending me that message was so disappointed when they found out that a- that treatment is experimental only b- that they were not even a potential candidate for it.

I know this very well. I always talk about how much Deep Tissue Massage has helped me, I've said it in some many of my posts. But I also make it clear, that it worked for me, it may work for you or maybe not.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• can that help sciatca,herniated disk????
  • Understood and agreed Ron :)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    goes after the deep core muscles, especially when those muscles have become so problematic that they cause stress on your discs.
    So to answer your question, DTM does not directly treat Sciatic and/or Herniated discs, but instead it goes after some of the surrounding areas that put more strain on an existing condition.
    The best way I can describe this is that because of my deep Rhomboid muscles being hard and tight, they cause additional strain on my upper and mid back. That in turn placed stress on my thoracic disc, then causing me all the discomfort and pain. When the DTM started to break down the hardness of that muscle, it slowly reduced the stress on my thoracic discs. When that happened, even though they were still herniated, I had some very good relief.
    DTM has helped me with sciatic stemming from L4/L5. I have had two surgeries in that area and I still have a bulge that is pressing on the nerve root causing sciatic.
    The DTM works by standing on my legs, pushing off a wall while his toes dig into my hip to manipulate things.
    The end result is that I get relief from the sciatica pain.
    My pain management doctor who I have been seeing for years now, was the one that first wrote a prescription for me to see this person.. She herself goes to see him monthly.
    As I started with this thread.... The DTM treatment works for me, I dont know if it will help everyone else.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Dear PapaRon, I understand what you are saying and agree with you. When different treatments are discussed and we feel it may help us then as individuals we need to find out if it's something that may personally help us. Like your sharing of DTM, am also a fan of this and realise that there are many types of massage and even the "torturer"!! can also make a difference. You mentioned about Thai massage and I haven't tried that but it sounds interesting. Now its upto me to check out if this maybe of benefit for me.Thats what is so great about this site is that people are willing to share ideas and advice-what we do with the information is up to us. Hugs n' Loves - Paula