Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

H1N1 and FMS/CFS

adie1aadie1 Posts: 16
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Fibromyalgia
I was just wondering if anyone has seen any "reliable" research on the effects of H1N1 immunization and persons with FMS/CFS.......there is some "fox news" video floating around with one dr's opinion that he's seen horrible things happen to people who have FMS/CFS or neuro disorders...

I am a health care worker, and would probably be in my best interest to get the vaccine, but being relatively new on the FM scene...I am kinda scared knowing how tempermental my body is with even low doses of medications. At least those are short acting....a vaccine once in your system circulates for a long period of time.....and the H1N1 vaccine has lots of adjuvants...thimersol..mercury...etc...

If anyone has heard/read any reputable research...could you post a link to an article???

• Well -I just got the REGULAR FLU shot - on Friday at noon. I waited the 20 minutes and then left the clinic.

Well - by 8 pm last night, I could not drive and by 9pm, when I got home, I was into a full-high fever. I grabbed my meds, took all that I was allowed to and went to bed.

Now - it is coming up to 24 hours and I feel like do -do, and this is just the vaccine.
    I WOULD HATE TO HAVE THE FLU AND FEEL WORSE THAN THIS. IF the fever did not break during the night, I was going to have my sweetie drive me into ER, as I would need pain control. So far, things are better.

Based on this reaction - I will be getting the H1N1 too. Based on the last day, I would have to be hospitalized, if I had the full blown flu, I CANNOT TAKE A CHANCE!

The stats I read were - 3 in 10,000 would die without the vaccine. 3in3,000,000 if they had the vaccine. I know that it would not be nice to be -one of the "3", but that still is better odds than driving on the highway each day!

Cheers to you!
  • My doctor advised to get the regular flu shot but not the swine flu shot. He recommended monolaurin supplements if I feel like I am getting sick. I'm also on 4,000 mg of vitamin D3 each day.
  • My Doctor also advised against getting the H1N1 vacination -he said that for people with Fibro, it could case a major flare.

He didn't say anything about the "regular" flu shot, I just assumed it would be similar, but I really don't know for sure.