Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neck pain

KimmyarraKKimmyarra Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
O.K. I have been in PAIN for to long. Started out mild, but now I can't function without lortab, and that is not killing all of the pain. I stay in my bed with the heating pad on my neck most of the day.

It first started with occipital type headaches (right side), and then moved into the back of my neck. The last 4 weeks the pain moved to the front of my neck, and into my shoulders(not so bad in the shoulders). I have some tingling in my arms, hands, and legs, but no pain with the tingling.

The pain that scares me the most is the pain in the front of my neck. It is on the right side also, and I know that some major veins, and arteries live in that area. I have this gut feeling that I might have an arterial/vein issue, and that my mri did not pick this up.

Thanks for listening to me. Has anyone else had pain like this?

• I was reading JTs post this morning about thoracic outlet syndrome. TOS. I have had pain down the right side of my neck sometimes like a muscle pull and sometimes horrid pain. It travels up to my ear and into my sinuses. It also spreads out to my collar bone agains sometimes as an ache and sometimes sharp. I have aches and pain in my upper right arm and periodic tingles, numbness and shocks down my arm.

I don't know if this is what I have but Monday morning I will be on the phone to docs. I find heat helps and strangly if I lay on the side that hurts but keep the pillow under my head and let my shoulder and arm hang lower it feels much better.
  • Sounds similar to my pain. However mine started in the shoulder and then worked up into the neck. Wasted 2 1/2 years with PT, shots and BS until I got to a Neurosurgeon because I insisted on it, not because any knowledgeable doctor took any initiative to refer me. I had a ACDF in June 2009, still in the same exact pain.
  • I started having pain in the front of my neck that comes and goes after I started PT. My therapist has been giving me massage on my front neck/front chest area so I am am thinking might be from the massage. I never realized there were so many muscles in the front and she said she is waking mine up.

However she also thinks I have an issue with my cervical artery since when she tries manual traction I start to get dizzy.

When she massages I feel my sinus's start to drain.

I also went through a spell of headache, but haven't had any for a week or so.

I would let your doctor know