Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Howdy fellow pain sufferers!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in New Member Introductions
Ain't life grand? NOT!
Hi my name is Teresa and I suffer from 24/7 non-stop PAIN!!
I'm 52, married (God bless that man who married me)I have a 25 yr old son and I used to work and be a productive citizen, but now I sit at home and cry and bitch most of the time.
(Try not to be jealous people!!)
I do try to keep my sense of humor ...hell, it's all I have left.

About 10 years ago a moron did a neck fusion on me that I knew from the moment I woke up was bad...but nobody listened to me for YEARS. Later...OH, about 5/6 years I was informed that the fusion never took...(REALLY?) and that my neck was an incredible mess!

I went to UCSF and found one of the most fantastic Dr's around but he could only do so much.
10 hours of surgery later of which, he had to bring out the big guns (and saws and chisels) I woke up and was told that they could not finish the surgery and they would be going in through the back in a few days.
Well....long...sad...story, short...The moment the back of my neck was cut open my life would never be the same!!!
The muscles did lot like that and they talk to me everyday all day long about how unhappy they are.

*(I'd be curious to know if anyone else has had any neck work done through the back and is smiling today)

I was just recently told that my latest MRI and CATs showed that the fusion surgery was successful this time.
That was a real mixed blessing. I certainly don't want more surgery, but....what is to be done with me now?
Living like this is so difficult.
Crying every day just isn't flattering...you know what I mean?
Anyway...that's pretty much my story...

I am looking for support and possibly some help and answers to my situation..
All suggestion and friends welcome!!!

I used to be very involved with digital photography and Photoshop and I am an absolute animal LOVER!
I am waiting for some relief and inspiration to pick my camera back up.

• I have had several posterior cervical surgeries and although the surgeries provided much needed relief, I lost a couple muscles in the process. As a result of the surgeries, 2 muscles were denervated and atrophied into oblivion with no hope of ever returning. This caused a domino effect with other muscles in my neck and shoulders and there's a battle waged every moment of every day by these muscles trying to become the "most supportive".

It takes a large amount of Zanaflex and my Spinal Cord Stimulator to smooth things out enough so I can function during the day.

So yes I can empathize with you in regards to your discomfort.

Do you have a good Pain Management doc these days? I initially got some relief from acupuncture and moist heat that was provided by the Pain Clinic.

Hope this helps somehow.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you have come to a place full of animal lovers and even a few camera buffs.. i have a 70# boxer/pit, Sirius, i just love to death... :X i take you live in California, me too!!! well, i am sorry you are in chronic pain.. :( i do hope you find some relief soon. of course for many of us there is no such thing as being pain free but it can be brought under control with alot of trial and error. :D i hope this is the case for you.. =D> good luck!! and hang around anytime!! :D Jenny :)
  • I thankfully have not started with the neck issues yet (sure my time will come) but I did want to welcome you and let you know that you have found a great place for understanding and support. There is nothing else like being able to talk to people that really do understand your pain. I hope that you will find some type of relief soon and I will look forward to seeing you around the board.
  • Thanks for the warm welcome.
    Sorry for the delay in my response. As I'm sure
    many of you are the same, there are days when I just disappear.
    But I am here today and anxious to look around.
    I am open to new friends and listening and chatting anytime guys!!
    Thanks again,