Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI's told the story

marcymmarcy Posts: 15
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in New Member Introductions

Hi everyone,

My name is marcy and I am 48, married with a 24 yr old son. I've been dealing with back pain since the mid 90's. I worked in an office for 18 years until about 2 yrs ago when it just became too much for me. After years of not knowing exactly why I was in so much pain I finally went to Mayo Clinic in 7/07. The MRI's told the story. I have aways had some amount of back pain but had NO IDEA that all the other pain (arm,hand,leg,foot,chest,head - everywhere)could come from my back. Silly me! I even had my gallbladder removed not knowing that the pain was coming from thoracic radiculopathy. Long story - short - I now spend my days going to Dr's appts., having test/procedures done and trying to discover new ways to overcome my never ending pain.

SHealth has helped me alot and I would like to thank all who have taken the time to post their info. -the education is priceless! Since I have now had several of the "treatment" options, I hope my info will help others as you have helped me. Please know, I have NO medical training and by "help" I am referring only to my personal experiences.

Recent treatments include: facet block, ESI-lumbar/thoracic, rhizotomy, physical therapy, pain meds. Waiting on myelogram next wk.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you have found SH to be of help to you. :D that is what we are here for... i hope you find some pain relief soon. i am having my gallbladder out this Thursday but i do think it is a problem! LOL!!! what a lot you have been through!! :( stick around and make yourself at home. good luck to you! :D Jenny :)
  • Hi Marcy,
    I hope you find something that works for your pain. I also have worked in an office for 20 years. Sitting is the worst thing for my back. I now have to get up every 30 minutes to do pt exercises. But it gets me through the day.

Take care,
  • I am so sorry to hear that you have suffered for so long. On a good note hopefully now you will be able to get some relief. You will find lots of support and understanding on this forum and I look forward to hearing your experiences too.