Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Posterior Fusion

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Spinal Stenosis
As you know relative of mine has severe problem with her lumbar spine (L.S spine) and most of doctors do believe she has to ‎have a surgical operation.‎
Now I would like to have your viewpoint as an expert who has access to cutting edge science that what we should do in this ‎situation. I can send you any related MRI and scans.‎

Doctors explain the problem as following:‎
Sagittal T‏1‏‎, T‏2‏‎/W weighted images were performed through lumbar spine with axial T‏1‏‎/W scans and myelogram in addition. Advanced dicovertebral degenerative ‎change as disc dehydration, marginal osteophyte formation and ligamentum flavum hypertrophy in entire L.S spine are seen. Spondylolisthesis grade I at L‏5‏‎_S‏1‏‎ and ‎L‏1‏‎_L‏2‏‎ levels is noted. Disc space narrowing at these two levels is seen. Conus medullar is appears normal.‎

Appreciating your advice

• I would suggest seeing a neurosurgeon and even getting a 2nd opinion. In my case, i asked one of my MD's who he would have do his back--turned out to be the group who takes care of the Steelers. I had severe pain w walking after 1/2 block and any standing due to severe stenosis and spondylisthesis.
    The NS did >350 fusions per year, and has a low infection rate. Even though i had a couple post-op emergencies and a very long first 4 weeks of recovery, am very pleased w the results. As others on this forum have told me--you must be patient and follow md orders!! Best wishes...