Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New kid on the block

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in New Member Introductions
First, Im sorry to see so many people in pain. Due to some childhood abuse I've delt with back pain all my life, being told it was just growing pain. At age 15 my back went out for the first time. After that It went out 2-3 times a yr. At 45 it went out and never came back. After going thru all the hoops, surg was the only answer. In 2001 I had a 3 level cervical fusion,followed by a laminectomy at L-5 S-1. During all the x-rays,mri,discogram and all the other poking and prodding. It was found that I also had other spinal issues also. Osteoprois from self medicating with alcohol and inheritory. Stenosis,artheritis and Schurrmans disease @ T-11 are all onboard. Now the big brains are trying to get me to have one more surg for rods in the lower. Pain meds are fentanayl patches 120,norcos,robaxin,wellbutrion and celexa and other meds to take care of the side effects of the pain meds. Of course I no longer self medicate with alcohol and hope none of you are self medicating with it either. Due to years of taking Ibuprophen I no longer can use that. There are some natural herbs that I use occasionally but due to politics I'm unable to mention. I can no longer work or play for that matter and am on disability. Well thats my story and I'm sticking to it. Looking forward to learning and sharing with everyone. Peace,slowpoke

• Welcome to Spinehealth. I am so sorry to hear about your history of abuse and all the problems you have with your spine. I've also had back problems starting from birth but not due to abuse. I was also told my pain was all in my head, growing pains or just to get attention. I'm really glad you found this site. We are all here to help others and support each other as well as to look for answers, support and comfort with our own issues or for the ones we love. I look forward to chatting with you.
  • I am very sorry to hear that you have had a life of pain in more ways than one. You have found a great place to come for understanding and support. I am wondering, was your cervical fusion at all successful? I know that surgery is a hard decision for anyone but after all that you have been through I would imagine that it would be extremely hard to face another. Good luck to you and please keep us posted.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer support and answer what questions we can. i began my life of back pain at age 15 as well. i am now over 50. i also use some rather "unconventional" therapies for pain control. it is legal in my state and i do take advantage of "it." :D i am also on disability and am very limited as to what i can do for activity. good luck as you seek pain relief.. i do hope you take advantage of whatever pain medication is available to you. =D> Jenny :)