Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone. I had c4-t1 posterior fusion 11/2/09. I got out of the hospital on Friday 11/6/09.I had an anterior c4-c6 August 08 and the bone graft failed to take. I welcome any comments or conversations regarding all of this.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. good luck on an excellent recovery. =D> please be sure and follow your doctor's orders to the letter. :? stop by the forum anytime you feel like you need to vent or just want to chat... :D you days may get alittle long.. take care and get your rest!! I) Jenny :)
  • I am sorry to hear that you did not have a successful fusion. You may want to take a look at the cervical section of this site in order to talk to others that have experienced the same. Hopefully the more recent surgery will be more successful than the first. Good luck to you and please keep us posted on your progress.
  • Steve,

Have you been given any idea why the fusion didn't take? Did you use a graft or bank bone? And what did they go back with?

And I'm astonished at the length of your hospital stay. You're only fused one level above me, the one I'm fixin' to have fixed, and my first surgery/hospital stay was less than 24 hours. Does anyone know if that's due to the posterior approach as opposed to the anterior?

Steve, I hope your recovery goes better this time. I'm three years post-op almost to the day, and I ate my Thanksgiving dinner through a straw that year. :S

• Hi TitanNeck,

They gave me no reason that the fusion didn't work. The doctor said sometims it just doesn't. They used bank bone on the first fusion.

When I had my first anterior fusion I too left the hospital in less than 24 hours. This last surgery was the toughest I have ever had including the first neck fusion and both rotator cuff shoulder surgeries I've had.

Good luck with your upcoming procedure. Is it anterior or posterior?