Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

CT Myleogram scheduled

mommatialuvmmommatialuv Posts: 269
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello all, I had my 3 month follow up (a little early) today. I was able to convince my doc that my left leg is not getting any better. That something is wrong, he agreed. He has me scheduled for a CT Myelogram on Friday to look for a possible cause of my nerve pain. He said it could be anything from scar tissue, to hardware possibly irritating the nerve. He opted to skip an MRI because it can have a lot of artifacts from the hardware. If the CT shows the problem, we will come up with a plan, from new meds, to injections, to surgery, depending on what it shows. If the CT does not clearly show the problem, he wants to do
exploratory surgery to find the problem. Has anyone had to do this, and what was the outcome.
I also had to turn in my paperwork to go from FMLA to Personal leave effective Monday. I emptied my desk as my position will be posted next week.I am technically an employee and if I am released back to work within 6 months from Monday, they will help me find a comprable position with no loss of tenure, 9 years. If not I will be officially "unemployed". I have swung the entire guantlet of emotions and have found the most beautiful silver lining. I get to be a stay at home mom. I never had that option before. I am excited. :)
If I get results before Thanksgiving I will post, if not I hope you all are able to count your blessings next week, and enjoy your holiday, with whatever restrictions we may have, we still are alive and kicking (well maybe not kicking) but alive and able to make the best of what we can do.
God Bless and Keep you!!

• WOw -- your doctor is a man of action. I am glad you will have the CT scan which will hopefully expose what is causing the pain.

The only time I have heard of exploratory surgery such as you mention is here on this board. It has become much less common than previously due to the increased imaging power of MRI scans, and other scans as well.

Once again, different surgeons do things differently. Mine is really loathe to reoperate again. He doesn't even like to have to do a second surgery due to the increased risk of infection.

Don't be a stranger. We will miss your sunny attitude.

I hope the imaging will show your problem and then you can figure out what to do about it.

Please let us know the results as soon as you can.

• SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084

Does your employer offer STD (Short Term Disability) or Long Term Disability (LTD)?
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • Thank you for the support Gwennie!! :) My doc is really hopeing an praying he doesnt have to go back in for any reason, but he will do what he has to. I really dont want to be re-opened againg either, but if there is any chance of getting this problem fixed, I have to go for it. I want to say good-bye to this darn walker, at least.
    SpineAZ my employer offers both short and long term disability, My short term runs out on 11/28, I will then be paid my remaining PTO and Sick time about 300 hours at my regular 40 hours per week, about 71/2 weeks, then LTD disablility takes over 50% of my salary, paid monthly. I'll talk to you all soon,
    May God Bless and Keep you,
  • I hope your myelogram goes better than mine. I had one done and quite frankly it was horrible. Made a discectomy look easy. Some people don't seem to be bothered by them. It is hit and miss. The upside it yes, your CT Scan images will come out very good. That is the main goal. Good luck.

• My pre-op myelogram was not to bad, it wasnt pleasant, but it wasnt horrible, the pain was about a 6-7 but only lasted a couple of minutes, so I am hoping this one wont be bad. I am a little concerned because the nerves are already irritated/inflamed/messed up :) so I hope they are not more sensitive to the dye. I am however on meds, that I was not on pre-op. So we will see.
    I will post on Friday when I get home, if I feel up to it.
    God Bless and Keep you