Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

exercise advice please

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
I recently put my pelvis out and visited a chiropractor who has treated it and am really pleased with my progress. However over the last few days I have developed sciatica in my left buttock which is giving me pain down my leg and also some numbness :( I found the exercises on spine health but am unsure which once to try as none seem to be related to pelvic issues. Can anyone advise?

• The best thing to do would be to seek evaluation from a qualified physician. It's important to find out what might be causing the pain, before trying any exercises that may exacerbate the problem.

Welcome to Spine Health.

• I'm not sure what you mean by putting your pelvis out....It is often difficult to separate lower lumbar areas from things going on with the pelvis. For example, pelvic floor dysfunction can cause symptoms that are often mistaken for a lumbar disc problem.

Having a sciatic-type pain can be the first indication that there is a problem in the spine, usually the lumbar area. Sometimes people think they have pulled a quad when in reality they have herniated a lumbar disc. The following is a link to part of the website that has basic information about sciatica:

Hope you start to feel better soon. If not, have an evaluation done by your physician.

• As the other said you need to get an evaluation before going further. I would also recommend holding off on the chiro as that may have started pain.

Why do you think it is a pelvic issue? As gweenie pointed out your issues can be spine related.

Until you have a proper diagnosis I would advise simply walking and some simple stretching.