Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

took your advice

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Matters of the Heart
I posted a while ago that i had a very hard week,with problems with my back and medical problems with my son and finding out that my father had lung and liver cancer.I was very depressed at that point and realized that i was holding in all my emotions because i always let it all out when i was alone with my dog.Unfortunately my dog was 15yrs old and had died last dec. just before christmas. So saturday night my husband and i went and got a new puppy.Only seven weeks old. She is just a wonderful little girl and i smile everytime i'm around her. I feel like a spot in my heart has been filled that was empty.
Even though she won't take the place of the dog that i lost i can definitely make room for her in my life.I also feel a little bit of relaxation whenever i'm around her which definitely helps.

• news. I can really empathize with you. I always hate to see the holidays coming as this time of year always seems to bring horrible things my way. I lost my very beloved African Grey Parrot last year and I am still totally devastated. I hope that this puppy will bring some pleasure and happiness your way. They don't have to be a replacement in order to become another loved family member.
  • Tammy that is wonderful :) Please post some pics when you can. Also her name and any other info you have to share would be welcomed.

JJ. I had the honors of being a "baby sitter" for a African Grey Parrot several times. They sure are a special bird. He was so funny - when we would come into the room he was in he was all over us and after we cleaned his cage, played with him and gave his food and water - I swear that bird stuck his nose in the air - like Ha! I have you at my beck and call - such an attitude lol
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • I'm not very good at posting pictures on here but i'll give it a try. Her name is holly,she's seven weeks old and is a mix between a lab and a border colleen.She has the facial features of a lab but the fur and markings of a collie.Right now she's very fluffy and soft.She came from a litter of ten and was the last one left.It took us almost a week to be able to go get her as we had apt. all week.We saw pictures of the litter and my daughter had showed me which one she wanted,but by the time we could get to them they told us there was only one left so i told her she could have her pick of them.When we got there holly was sitting on the floor and low and behold it was the pup she had wanted so badly. LOL I told my daughter that she waited for her to come. :D
  • I can also empathise; our Alsatian dog of 16 years had to be put down (old age) in January and it was devastating. My son took her in and they allowed him to hold her whilst they gave her the injection. None of us has really recovered.

I am no longer able to keep up with doggy-life, so recently decided to buy 2 kittens. I agree with JJ in that they not considered to be a replacement, but they're loved very much and have integrated well into family life.

• What a sweet story about Holly! I am so glad you have that little sweet face to look at you adoringly every day. Smiles around!

• what a sweet sweet story about Holly :X
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • It sounds like Holly was meant to be a part of your family. I puppy is such a joy to have. I'm glad that Holly has lifted your spirits.

I just got my first dog in Sept. He's now 8mos old Boston Terrier and keeps me company while my kids are at school and hubby off to work so I don't feel so alone. He's a lot of work too, especially when I'm having pain flareups. Just be careful bending, lifting and twisting Holly. You don't want to hurt yourself more. Norman is a great distraction from my pain.
  • I'm so, so happy that you have a new little girl! What a joy a puppy is. I lost my beloved little boy, Mercster (my avitar) last April and he took my heart with him to the rainbow bridge. I'm still not over losing him.

In May, my hubby took me on a surprise visit to a place where they had registered puppies and I discovered that I still had some of my heart left when it grabbed on to a little Corgi puppy. We brought him home and he's made our house feel not so empty any more. His name is Wally (rhymes with Holly).

So I know how you feel. Isn't it wonderful to love another little furry friend again? They never take the place of the one we lost, but they make their own special place in our hearts.