Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Trying to Cope Part 2 UPDATED

iowarobiniiowarobin Posts: 1,268
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Depression and Coping
Ok. I have had 9 surgeries in two years. I am trying to heal my head from the tumor removal behind my eye. I guess I am just getting so sick of it and now I am on the 3rd different prescription for bronchitis/pneumonia. This is the second time this year. I know my body is under alot of stress from it all, but honestly, cant I just get over this stuff. My back is not feeling much better after the hardware is out. I thought it would be better than this by now.
I am just at odds on what to do. I get so depressed by the whole thing. I do everything I am suppose to do, follow instructions to the letter and I just cant seem to shake this stuff. All I want is to feel better. Even if I cant be 100% I would settle for 50. Why is life so unfair? Why cant I enjoy the little things. I cant go shopping, cause it is an hour to a major mall and I hurt to drive there and back. I am just tired all the time. I eat right, rest and nothing helps...Its the holidays again and I cant even hardly shop for the grand kids..I have just about had it...Thanks for letting me vent..

January 2,2010
Well the pain has not let up, went back up on meds and tried PT and it made things lots worse. Had a MRI and CT in the past 2 weeks. Ortho says that something is still wrong, my pain levels are to great. He is looking at other discs and any other possibilitys. I am so down. I just hoped that one of the things would help. Either the fusion or the hardware removal. I still have a disc with tears right above the fusion, so it is very real possibility that is could be the problem. I see my Ortho on Tues and get the results of tests. The last MRI and CT didnt show tears. I had to have discogram to find the problem. I am hoping I wont have to do that againl.
At the moment I dont care what I have to do to get rid of the pain. Another test, fusion, whatever will work. I just want to be able to go to work and play with my grandkids. It was a high of -11 here today, so maybe I will wait a while on the work.(lol) Please say a prayer, that he will find what the problem is. I am really hoping that 2010 is much better than 2009. And my eye socket tumor was non malignant and my hair is coming back. So that is a positive for sure. Thanks for letting me vent my friends. Love,Robin

• You are having such a rough time of it! So sorry the hardware removal hasn't seemed to help. I was hoping you would have more positive results. Hang in there, things have to let up sometime! You have been through a lot of surgeries. I do think your body is telling you to take it slow for now.

Wishing you an enjoyable Thanksgiving and hoping you feel better soon.

• I obviously can't say how "you" feel, but in a year and a half I have had 5 nerve related surgeries, and from my last appointment, looks like 2-3 (all spine related) will happen in the next year! Yeah, it sux bigtime. I like you "follow the doctor's orders, rest, try to keep upbeat" etc. And more crap comes! I try to fend a LOT of it off with humor (just my way I guess) - doesn't always work.

I started back to work today "light duty" in preparation for disability retirement, and half the drive to work my "zing" breakthrough (I think I have the right term there?) pain that normally lasts a minute and settles back to a 6 or so from an 8-9, lasted over 10 minutes. I was in tears driving to work! I was an inch from just turning around and going back home so I could take my Lyrica (Lyrica works great for me). But it passed as I was making my decision up! This deep pain was in the complete right triceps (same pain area as pre-surgery), and extreme. My thoughts kept going back to "What's next? Gawd this is getting ridiculous to ridiculous!! Is it going to get better? I don't know, I just know I can't work like this, so retiring is the right way to go - cut some stress to get as "healed" as I can before the next $%^& <-- you know "stuff" happens.

I am hoping it gets better, but dunno. *HUG* I am so sorry you are feeling like this. I wish I could snap my fingers and it was gone, looks like we got dealt some crummy cards from the bottom of the deck! Vent please - I know it helps a bit for me, vent!!! :-)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I sure I was "bewitched" and could wiggle my nose and make something good happen for you. Everything you have been through has been very tough both physically and emotionally. Even the "toughest cookie" would start to crumble.

Just know that venting is good for the soul. We're here for you to support you through these low times. It's very hard for your body to bounce back and every time you have a surgery, it opens up a path for infections to come your way, unfortunately.

Do you have a good friend or family member who could take you out of the house to the mall or just to have a little time out of the house?

I'm certainly no where near the situation you're in but I vowed when I go over my severe sciatica that I would not stay house bound when I was feeling better. So every day I try to get out and view other scenery. It's awful when you home feels like a prison.

Hey, you can always shop for the grandkids online -- It's wonderful, fast and ships right to your door.

I do hope your bronchitis clears up soon -- I can't imagine coughing with you back in the state its in. How's the incision doing from your tumor surgery? You must feel like Mrs. Frankenstein about now (LOL!)

Sending you >:D< >:D< >:D< cause I think you need a few about now. Healing and comforting thoughts coming your way,

Take care,

• Hi Robin,

I am Dr. EDITED. We specialize in supportive care through natural approaches to symptom relief. I would suggest to the readers here that there are many nutrients overlooked by conventional medicine when treating disorders of the bone. Among them is silica. Also, you want to make sure that you are getting enough of vitamins A, C, D, and E in order to facilitate bone re-calcification and speed recovery.

I hope this helps.

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Edited by moderator paulgla