Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hopeless-in-mnhhopeless-in-mn Posts: 206
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Health Insurance Issues
After the first application has now been denied at the apeal level and must now be taken to civil appeal level(Jeaux help me out with this...lol)---the second application my attornies and I put in was finally approved yesterday after also being denied the first time through....

To say that I am relieved is an understatement, and still a bit in shock...finally, my kids and i will have financial stability!

Thanks to all of you who have been there with me on chat to hold my hand when I was down after all of the denials, Jeaux, as always, your advice is the best!!!!

My fight is not over, I still have 2 years of back pay to try for, but with this award, I now have a better chance!

• Congratulations! It's been a long haul for you. I remember my relief when I was awarded SSDI, good feeling.

Best wishes,

• i am so happy for you! i wish i were in your place. i too am waiting for my decision for quite some time. it is nice right before the holidays huh? a great christmas present for you and your kids. good luck with your back pay. Leo
  • That is great news. Seems like a change in your screen name is in order now! lol
  • As I've stated numerous times on the boards, I've been on the road of "denial" right with ya for a long time too (since 9/05)-I absolutely can imagine how it must feel to FINALLY have broken through that first (and hardest) barrier!!! I'm so happy for you and the others that have been getting their approvals lately!

Speaking of...doesnt it seem "interesting" to anyone else, besides me, that suddenly there are lots of "approvals" when for years we haven't had many of those celebrations here at SH? Hmm...coincidence? Or just my usual disdain for our Gov't...? lol (it really does seem like they're pushing through a lot of claims the last several months-I've talked to people in person that have been getting theirs after fighting-like other patients at the Spine Doc's. Anyone else notice this, or is it just my imagination? :-)
  • #:S hi dawn, thats such great news for you and your family. i remember when i got my award letter =D> , it took away alot of mental pain and worry knowing i could now begin to actually start having a reasonable budget! like you and so many others, i have been through a very bad time with not enough income vs. too many bills. i wish and pray that your back pay will be sucessful and come quickly. God Bless All, kc
  • I am glad to hear your case has finally come through. Don't forget the kids' benefit checks too (they are eligible for dependent benefits under your SSDI claim, but not if you were only approved on SSI). Your attorney could submit that info to SSA on your behalf.

WOW. What a ride it's been, huh?
  • Dawn,,,what great rewarding news for you..It sure has been a long uphill battle for you...So happy for you.

• I am so glad for you. I know how relieved I was when I was approved and this is even at holiday time. Very good! I hope things start to get better - at least you are relieved of the daily mental anguish over what the S.S. outcome will be. Hurray! Susie
  • Congrats Dawn on finally getting the SSDI. Do we hear wedding bells now with your significant other? Hope things get easier for you from here on out.
  • sorry to say that taht relationship fell by the wayside as he could not commit to being a father to my kids...nor could he ever find any time in his day for me.
    --However, whenever one door closes, a window opens, and someone very unexpected was there :X -we have been seeing each other for a few months now, and he is very helpful and supportive (often driving 45min one way just to take me to the store!!! :D )
    --not sure about wedding bells yet, but i will keep ya'll posted....lol!

----BTW? I requested my payments by check as I have no accounts, on the 23rd, how long b4 I get my payment? if anyone knows?
  • to hear you got approved!

You really should open a bank account.
    Just tell them you have been approved for SS?? and they will set the account up for you, usually anyway.

Around here if you don't have an account EVERYONE wants to charge you for cashing a check! Plus direct deposit never gets lost in the mail!

I work for the state and in 6 years have never had a single "lost or late" payment. You know exactly when the money will be in the account.

The only people I work with who have troubles are those that refuse direct deposit and insist on checks.
    For some reason they screw them up all the time.

Hope you check comes soon!