Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

T-5 pain severe

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
I'm new here. I'm a 41 year old female that's been suffering from upper back pain for more than 1 year. It started as more of an ache in my upper back that seemed postural, then about 8 months ago I fell from a chair and landed flat on my back on the very hard ground. I didn't see the doctor because I was between insurance. I recently went to my GP because the pain has become so severe I can't stand it.

Is it common for T spine pain that starts out as postural to become more localized. I can put my finger on the spot on my spine that hurts. It's not muscle pain and massage makes it 10 times worse. My doctor said she thougth it was related to my autoimmune thyroid disease, but I feel that it is something else. Is it possible to fracture your spine by falling and still be able to function?

• Sorry about the pain you are having. I have always thought as postural pain being more muscular then structural, but falling off a chair onto a hard surface can cause different things to happen to your back. Have you had an x ray, or MRI? I know you said that you are inbetween insurances, sure hope your new insurance kicks in soon

I am curious as to why your GP thought this may be due to thyroid disease, did she explain this. I ask this because I do have thoracic disease, but also have graves and hashimotos, both are autoimmune diseases of the thyroid and have never heard of them causing pain the back.

Hope you start feeling better soon,