Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

acdf c5/6

swaynesswayne Posts: 42
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hi all im about 10 weeks post opp and am back at work and its fine BUT im having loads of trouble with bad pain in my lower back,and legs are so weak i stuggle to get up stairs,when i get up in the morning my back and legs are very tight and sore and my back cracks as i walk i just know im gonna fall down the stairs one day although i take one step at a time left foot first because my right foot and leg can and does giveway sometimes,
even if i sit for ten minutes i seize up,im sure its got worse now the weathers got colder (8) mmy dad is 60 years old and has been on disability for about 15 years and if we get up together we both move the same and im 35 years old,ive had to change my job to one i can do without being in to much pain everyday at a loss of £80 wages per week,basicly i feel ready for the scrap yard at 35 ~X( think a trip to the doctor is in order i cant carry on like this,right wake up now zzzzzzz sorry to go on but you never know somebody could be just the same and think there alone but there not.thanks wayne

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I'm sorry that you're having these new difficulties since returning to work. Did you have any lbp before your surgery? I think you do need to discuss this with your doctor. Maybe it's caused by being less active since surgery? I'm sorry I don't have any answers for you but I'll be thinking about you and hoping you feel better soon. Keep in touch and let me know if you get in to see the doctor okay?

Take care,
  • I remember one of my first indications that my back really was bad was when my mom noticed that I was moving just like my dad. He's had 3 back surgeries.

Hang in there. I remember coming back to work was VERY difficult, and I was almost 6 months post-op. I read back on my notes and it's amazing to me that I made it through it. Almost a year later and I hardly remember how bad it was - the exhuastion, the aches, the bone-dead-weary tired I'd be after a full shift of work.

Lots of ice, heat and some OTC sleep aids (I was off rx meds by then)helped a lot.