Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Justin66JJustin66 Posts: 95
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Spinal Injections
Does RFA help with lower back pain or does it just work for pain going down your legs?

• me with both. If your pain is generated from your facet joints it should help you with both.
  • Im trying to figure out what is causing my pain and what I could do to get some relief. Im having really intense pain in my right lower back and it reaches over to my hip. The pain is not bad if I just lay around all day but the more I do the more I hurt. My left side which the one I had my discectomy on feels fine now. I don't have sciatic problems in either leg now.

I have had a post op MRI that showed everything looking fine except the disc had lost some height. Unfortunately im having to work 12 hours a day 7 days a week and im struggling bad to make it through the day. My doctor won't give me anything for pain and says just take Advil (thanks Doc).

I am willing to try about anything right now! I just can't get to a Dr. anytime soon because of constantly working.

What is the average cost of this procedure?
  • My doc charges $1300.00 for each level. Of course the insurance company chops it down from there. I just had one done a few weeks ago. If you have no insurance I feel sure that you should be able to negotiate the price just like the insurance companies do.

As a matter of fact I have BC/BS and my copay is 10%. I had to pay $68.00 so after insurance chops it down it must be $680.00 each level.
  • In the UK the RF injections cost £3,200 = ?$5000 (sorry, my maths is lousy!) and you can have as many levels done as required, for the same price. I'm on the waiting list for them.