Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

URL Links given in CHAT Rooms

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832

Thank you for pointing this out

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • thank you for your diligent efforts in keeping the chat room and forums safe for all.

Best to you,

• I don't usually comment on threads, but this one, in particular, I feel I need to, since I have posted many youtube videos in the room. Some of the videos have been my choice and some have been by the request of others in the room. If I have, ever at anytime destroyed anyones computer by posting a song then I apologize, but with all do respect I'm sure that I haven't. In, my opinion, there are other things going on in the room, that demand much more attention than posting a song. Ron, if you or any of the other moderators ask ppl in the room, you will see and understand this was only brought up because the room is divided now, because of one persons need to be the center of attention. I won't mention names here, but I and every other person that frequents spine health chat knows what I'm talking about. I will tell you this, some of us sh members are also on yahoo msg as well, we have added the ppl we connect with from here on there. Someone there, has taken great pleasure out of making multiple screen names and harrasing myself and others in the room, with stupid immature, lil kid game msgs. Someone from there has suffered from a lack of attention in their life to put this much time and effort into dividing the ppl of SH chat. This person has chosen not to attack anyone inside the chatroom its self cuz they know they can be found out by the mods, they have chosen instead to send the nasty lil msgs on yahoo msgr instead, knowing it will in return divide the room here. This may not make much sense to you, but the person, I'm talking about knows exactly what I'm talking about. As, Liz, has stated above, Ty for pointing this out, but some other things need to be pointed out as well. So, all I'm gonna say is that this youtube, thing is indirectly connected to what actually going on. Now, rather than concentrate on the drama here or in yahoo messenger, I'm choosing to get on with my life and stop play petty little games with someone that has nothing better to do.....Have a good one, Tc, and hope to see you around. :)
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,874
    Everything that goes on in Spine-Health, the forums, the chat rooms or the private messages is always taken seriously.
    We all know that there are forums where we can lighten up a bit and have some good laughter. The same exists in CHAT, only that it is more confined to a few online members.
    But whenever we hear about a problem, a violation of a rule, someone trying to create havoc we look into it all.
    Many times we find that the problem areas really boil down to ex-members coming back under different names to cause havoc. Many of them believe they go by unnoticed, but trust me, its pretty easy to spot a leopard cause their spots never change.
    As many times as I have posted about CHAT problems and the potential to closing it down, I feel committed to work even harder to keep it going and to keep it free from problems. There isnt a person no the Moderator or Authority team that thinks differently.
    We work with all members, we just ask that members work with us.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Ron,
    Welcome back Sarasota is wonderful, live about 35 minutes from there , great vacation place.

I Just want to add my thoughts on chat, something i have used for about 2 years now. Yes there have been issues, but forums have issues too. In my opinion there really should be no youtube stuff/ or other sites being put on sh chat. As you stated you never know what can come on to your computer. ALL people in my opinion really do there best, and most of us are really good friends. If you don't want to chat with someone, then don't. I see no division in chat and that seems an over statement. it seems that your thread has been changed to someone who is having an issue with another member. If you have another issue simply do not chat with that person.
    SH has nothing to do with Yahoo and MSM, we are all adults and can go to other sites as well, take it up there, leave the drama out of SH. Also really attacking another for your feeling of there lack of attention is your opinion, and also the rest.
    I have to say the group in chat is a basically kind , supportive, funny, and caring group.
    SO once again don't chat with them , there are other rooms in chat.
    We are and really are a group of people who support each other, not see through people. You really cannot really have it both ways, one minute chummy and the next running to mods for really silly behavior. And yes mods do check it all out, so it goes both way.

Best to help each other, not dog each other.........

• Hi Ron,

I agree with Jane. Chat has been great most times and if you don't like someone don't chat with them. You can also go to another room in chat if you want to stay away from someone and the problems they are causing.

Everyone is different and not every person is going to get along. With that said, people having problems should not be trying to push on to others their problems. Deal with the person you have the problem with or even better just ignore them.

I really hate to have chat shut down because of a few bad apples. There is a lot of good that comes out of chat and most of the people in chat.

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    I agree with Jane and Candy. Chat is a place for a support and light hearted chat, I have been a member for 12 months, and have enjoyed most of my time in chat. Ron's post was a warning to everyone regarding clicking on links in chat and other sites we may use, it got turned into a personal attack which was unnecessary.

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • hi everyone.. I'v been here at sh for about 4 or 5 months ..and I have grown very fond of every member in sh chat..they are very supportive ..and helpful..and funny at time....I've listened to much of the utube music and enjoyed listning to it as well as many others have and requested a song or two.My computer is doing fine. I really hope things get back the way it was. I hate to see anyones feelings get hurt in chat rm...cause that is not what its for.How anyone could be mean at this wonderful site is just krazy.I hope everyone has a pain free day and ty ron for bringing this up about computer saftey.
  • i agree totally with ya j and im not in grammer school anymore so i personally dont take sides
    i have enjoyed listenin to music with others and has made me laugh and lifted my spirits many times..
    there are alot of places in this computer world to go to be nasty to each other..lets all try to keep it out of sh chats...
    and i thank you ron and mods..for the time ya put into this site...
    i do think its smart not to click on stuff ya take your own risks for sure...
    perhaps ppl can please leave others out of their silly,nasty drama.. work it out were ever it started
    well thats my opinion
    i wish ya all pain free days
    and ty to all that cheer me up when i have those days
    of extreme pain alot of ya make me laugh...
    and i sure need it
    thank you my spiney friends
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • Apologies for being thick, but what's a URL?
    URL = Uniform Resource Locater.
    Its the global address of documents and other resources on the Internet (Web).

Almost all URL's follow certain conventions:

http://hypertext transfer protocol
    www. World wide web
    anyname. Could be anything
    xxx Identifier
    com = Public and Private
    edu = Education
    gov = Govermente
    mil = Military
    org = No Profit Organization

Put it together, the URL for Google could be:

Hope this explains things
    Its not so much that people CANT put up links, but its on the person who opens it up to determine if they should or should not have.
    If you are in question, my feeling is DONT.
    If you are not sure what you are opening up on a computer, it could cause you some grief.
    I've been working with a client who said 'OK' to one of those window popups and had System Defender installed. System Defender is about the toughest worn/virus/hacker you can get. The longer it stays on your system the more it imitates other programs. I saw it one day imitate Norton, next day McaFee, next day MSN, then Windows, etc.
    It creates havoc, telling you your system is infected, pops up all sorts of windows you cant close and more.
    Its a pain to get rid of and many times takes several steps to make sure its gone....
    Its things like this that always worry me about people that go ahead and click on anything to open it up.