Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

News regarding Employer and Workers Comp -update~

hope4leohhope4leo Posts: 200
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Just wanted to take a minute to thank those who were following my previous post regarding my employer and workers comp insurance. I had been released to work with restrictions and limitations. After 2 weeks I finally got the answer that my employer is NOT willing to accommodate my light work duty at this time. With that being said, they will have to continue paying TTD at least until my next appointment which will be on Dec 29th. We will see if my restrictions will change then and go from there. As JJGRey mentioned before, I pose a huge liability to them, and that bothers me but I understand their position.

The older I get, the faster the curve balls get thrown- thats just life I guess!!

• SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    Having worked in disability claims (STD and LTD) for years I once thought Employers really cared about employees as they would call and be really concerned about an employee and his/her claim. Then I moved into Account Management where I dealt directly with employers on any and all issues and realized the concerned calls from Employers were really an effort to hopefully get the claim approved so they could rid themselves of the employee along with his/her issues, need for possible accommodations, HR, benefits, etc. I think some just freeze and don't understand nor are they really qualified to evaluate cases of request for accmomondations.

I totally understand your frustration as I went through something similar. I went out in May due to severe low back problems. A co-worker called me to say she was sorry I was out but had I been promoted before I left as she got a promotion to Account Exec (more income) in April. Supposedly she and I were both to get that promotion. I was rated 5 out of 5 each year. But as soon as my neck problems appeared in 2008 and then went to the back it seemed the company had no desire to keep "damaged goods". And by that point I had asked for minor accommodations (work at home on occasion, foot rest for desk, monitor in additions to my laptop, etc). This at a time when they were urging account management staff to transition to working at home at least 50% of the time. My boss was freaked out. He can't handle it if someone has a need. Even from his own family - if someone in his family had surgery and needed him to walk their dog he would not know how to alter his schedule, help them out, etc.

In the end the company is now falling apart and there were massive layoffs and division sell offs recently. So I would have lost my job anyway. I guess in a way I'm blessed that I have LTD to cover me and if I need to I'll apply for SSDI.

I guess that's a long winded way of saying I feel for you and understand. Keep your head up and if you need to apply for SS later, consider it. And if you get better and need to pursue new employment maybe that works out for the best.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos