Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

01-11-10 - that's my date

Kris-NYKKris-NY Posts: 2,207
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Well not to say I am happy about it but I finally have a date for surgery. Went to my neurologist today and he said not to do injections(which he would have done) and have surgery as soon as possible to avoid irreperable damage to the nerve.

After I talked to the surgery booker I realized that it is an interesting date. Same left to right as right to left. Hopefully that will be good luck.

• So what is the procedure, recovery time etc?

I am happy for you :O) I wish I had my surgery date.

• He says he can remove just the portion of the disk that is pressed out. Because it is in the thoracic spine it should not need a fusion. If all goes well it is 1-2 nights in the hospital and the 4-5 weeks home.

Neurologist says I should try to reduce the skelaxin and neurontin now because I won't need them as soon as the surgery is done. I didn't take them last night and boy did I regret that. At least it validated the need for surgery.

Now I want to get through Christmas so I can get my act together before surgery.
  • best of luck to you Kris. Please keep us posted as you can to how you are doing and make sure you follow your doctor's orders....no over doing it. If I can be of any help to you at all then please feel free to PM me at anytime.....take care....Miki
  • I'm glad you're finally going to get this taken care of, even if it means surgery. Mine is 01.6.10, so it's the same backwards and forwards too. I didn't realize that until I read your post, so thanks. I'll look at that as a good sign. LOL

We can be recovery buddies, so we can try to keep each other in line. Sometimes that's necessary, as you know. :-)

Take care and don't forget to change your signature.
  • I hope everything works out great for you.As for the pain meds. keep them up through the holidays anyways you don't need to be putting yourself through horrible pain at that time of year.Besides whats wrong with weaning yourself off them while your recovering. I was on nerve pain meds as well.I was even told i could take some the day of my surgery.They wanted my pain kept in check.As i recovered i slowly weaned off of them.Good luck to you!!!!
  • I agree with Tammy. Stay comfortable when you are recovering you can wean off.