Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Getting on my nerves!

texascowgirlttexascowgirl Posts: 535
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:39 AM in Depression and Coping
o.k.--I love my husband and he is the most wonderful man in the world----but sometimes he gets majorly on my nerves---please tell me I am not the only one with loved ones on our last nerve.---He is wonderful around the house,and we have both been planning post-surgery---I had a spinal fusion 2 years ago as well.A bit ago I commented I would like to find a rolling table that adjusts for my computer-with bifocals I normally put it in my lap.Since I won't be able to lift the computer,I would like something to use so I wouldnt have to keep asking for help.So how about a board across the walker? how about setting the computer on the highchair? (grandbabies),how about a dining room chair?I repeat-something that moves easily and adjusts.2 weeks til surgery and even I am getting on my nerves.Anyone gone through this????
advertisement

Comments

• I've always had to order something online that I need and then husband goes to the store and picks it up. Other than that you may have to go with him to get the table or get a friend or family member to help. I hope you get the things you need before surgery and best wishes for that day for you and a complete healing also. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Yeah - I can relate - on BOTH counts. My hubs does get on my nerves sometimes (usually when I'm just feeling b1tc4y because of the pain and he's only trying to help) and I get on my own nerves too (during the same circumstances).

Yeah. I can relate.

Hope everything works out. By the way - I think this is what you were thinking of?

http://www.improvementscatalog.com/home/diy/adjustable-tray
  • Thats funny. Hugs!

I told my daughter and husband that for Christmas I wanted an adjustable laptop table. I found one on sale and gave the add to my daughter- who showed my husband. He said "you better go get that thing".... duhhh!

He told me before to put a board across my chair to hold my lap top when I have webinars for work.... Yeah that is handy. Every time I need to get up I have to remove everything. He said he could make a table that attaches to a chair.... I laughed and said you still haven't finished the trim around the floors from 2 years ago, what makes you think you can make a high tech table... yeah right buddy!

You should have seen the ladder he tried to make once for our cathedrial ceiling in our entry.... not pretty.

Gotta love him, as silly as he is.

Julie
  • ok Julie,our husbands must know each other!!!!!!!the family room still needs painting,the patio cover has to be redone,etc-but he will rig something up--which would like you know what-siiiiiiigh----yes,my whole point was NOT having to move or lift anything---I should have never said anything-----thank you for sharing!

thank you jeaux for the website!
  • the husband, well, the hurting one too...

I picked out a rolling adjustable height table for laptops, split top does two different heights at once, was about $40. My wife went and picked it up, my boys put it together. Still have it in the basement as thankfully I no longer need it.

Just tell them to go get the D!#$%ed thing! (throw in a please if you like) :D

Yeah, I get on my own nerves.

P.S., Office stores have the rolling ones that worked well with my recliner. whole thing on wheels. once you get it set you can leave it all and roll it out of the way to get up.
  • That is exactly what I asked Santa for....

I used to do ALL of the house chores, floors, painting, yard work you name it I did it. Since I had my PLIF I have learned that I can't push my body that hard. I am not strong enough. So I have developed patience and humor. It helps :O)

My favorite line from a movie "sometimes being a B!tch is all a woman has".....

Have a wonderful day,

Julie
  • thank you all for posting! it helps just to read what other people have to say-and laugh!!!!----Wrangler,thank you for the idea-I didnt think about office supply stores. Julie,I LOVE the quote!!! Today was just a "too much time to think,ready to get this over" day,tomorrow will be better--I am so glad I found this site!
  • I start mentioning something I want or need and my hubby always tells me we'll see. I have gotten in the habit of taking him to the store where the item is and showing it to him in detail. So this way he can't say he didn't know what I was talking about. I pretty much do everything but tattoo a picture of the item on his body and to my dismay that doesn't always work. And they r the ones who say "Can't live with them and can't shoot them" or something like that. LOL. Bless their lil macho hearts.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    And here I've been thinking I'm the only one! I thought my hubby was the only one who can't be trusted to get the right thing even with a detailed diagram in his pocket. lol. I remember one year for Christmas I wanted a new hairdryer...not much to ask for right? I told him the store, the price and even the color. Wanna know what I got? A curling iron. Go figure??? You gotta love 'em. (Depending on what day it is. lol)

Take care,
    Debbie
  • Hey, I've got one. I've asked my hubby if he would please move the recliner so that I can watch TV from it. FOUR WEEKS AGO. He has done so much and I don't want to bug him too much but if I want to watch TV, I have to lay down. I can't sit on the sofa, (too soft) He did get my sewing table up in the living room and he has been doing laundry, mainly his. I have been trying to small loads along with picking up little messes, (spoiled dogs and a grandchild that comes over). After reading what I've read here, most of these "light housework" duties will stop.
    I picked up a light weight adjustable table from CVS about a year ago for my mother and she loved it. She is handycap and it was easy for her to manuver. You may want to check your local super drug store to see if they carry something like that.
    Men just don't know what to do if we aren't taking care of them! Gota luv um.
  • thank you for all the tips!Its great to know I am not alone!Today was a better day,I hate when I have grumpy days
  • Hi texascowgirl. Below is a link to a rolling tray that I've been using since I had my ACDF. It rolls really easy, even on carpet, and 2/3 of the tray tilts while the other 1/3 stays flat to hold your drink, etc. It also adjusts vertically. I love mine and find it to be very, very handy.

http://www.target.com/Techni-Mobili-Mobile-Laptop-Steel/dp/B002I9LXFC/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_1
  • thank you Cath! I will look at the site-surgery is the 31st so I am trying to think of everything!
advertisement