I went for my follow up of my second surgery on Wed 12/16. I told my doc that I had to go back on the neurontin for RLS,I also told him I still have the same numbness, he was disappointed. He was hoping I would be much better by now. He thinks that since the Neurontin is helping the nerves are damaged, he wants to see me back in 3-4 weeks to see if there is any improvement at that time, if not he wants to do more testing, possibly another CT Myelogram, just to check for anatomical issues, he didnt mention what else if that doesnt show anything. We are back to wait-and-see.
He is very nice and seems genuinely upset that I am not healing well, he is young, and I think I am probably his first "possible FBSS" I mentioned that briefly and he said, No please stick with him, and we will figure out what is going on so it can be fixed. I told him I was OK with some more testing, but doubted I would let him, or anyone else go back in there. He said he understood, and that is not what he was thinking.
Today I had to take my little guy for his annual well child physical. He needed 4 immunizations and a blood draw (he has some symptoms of diabetes and we needed to check)well after, "holding him still in my lap" for all 5 sticks, he is a strong almost 5 year old, I was so sore, and hurting so badly I became physically ill when we got home, nausea and diarrhea, I took an extra pain pill and we took a nap, which helped.
Thank you all for your support and kindness,
May God bless and keep you,