Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My surgery (acdf 3 levels with titanium)

cookieflowerwccookieflowerw Posts: 13
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
was in june.. i just had rotator cuff surgery in oct..
the side of my neck (the right side where they did my arm surgery) has been hurting me since the spine surgery but
has gotten swollen so badly again ..it just wont get better in that one place..I told my surgeon who did both surgeries but he just ignores me

• so sorry to hear about not only your continued issues but that your surgeon doesn't take it seriously. for real...get a second opinion. What you're feeling might just be a residual effect of both surgeries and might take time to heal. On the other hand, it might be something different that needs specific attention. I'd give it a shot. What'd you lose if you try it? A co-pay and a trip to the dr???? it'd be worth it to be pain free.

Despite your pain I hope you have a good holiday.
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    When the surgeon who did my ACDF stopped listening to me I had to find a new surgeon. Not fun but so glad I did!
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • wait - did I read that right - the same surgeon did your arm AND your back?

That right there scares me. Maybe I just had a really bad ortho dr. for my arm. In any case, how much of an expert can a dr. be if he works on both?

I would be looking for another opinion. But - I also think you are early early in your recovery. I had shoulder surgery and it really did take a long time to get it feeling better. It actually took me being in a wheelchair for a month to even BEGIN to start feeling better. Odd, I know - maybe it was the range of motion and strength building that happened in the wheelchair.

Even now, 4 full years later, my shoulder hurts. It's like all they did in there was rearrange the pain. Certainly did not cure it.
  • I havent been on here for a long time..my brother passed away dec 2009 a few mos ago and besides all of my physical pain i had emotional issues.. i wish everyone well.. i have neck pain of course but i have tried driving which is difficult with not being able to move my neck as i used to do plus my arm hurts.. love wendy
  • Sorry for the loss of your brother. I hope that things are getting easier for you now. It must be terribly hard to cope with a bereavement at the same time as trying to deal with the physical pain of healing.
    Take good care of yourself