Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

dizzy with nausea and eye pain

JulieAJJulieA Posts: 1,420
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I started having nausea a about a week ago. I haven't actually thrown up but feel as if I will. I also started getting dizzy- real dizzy yesterday afternoon it started and I sat down and the next thing I remember I woke up 2 hours later. I am not nor have I ever been a daytime napper. I went the entire day with only 1- 5 mg Norco and a 10 mg Flexerile (I don't think it from medication). I am dizzy right now.

I saw another optomolagist Monday. He said although I do have narrow/close angles on my eyes (a kind of glaucoma). He didn't feel that my symptoms matched the diagnosis. I should probably get the lazer treatment but it is not an emergency.

Yesterday I had an MRI of my brain to look at the vertebral artery and for other issues. I wish I knew what I was looking for on the brain MRI- they gave me a cd. My PCP is on vacation and she said a collegue would call me. Hopefully I will here something today.

Today I have some work to do and I need to get the house ready for the our dinner tomorrow with the neighbors. Thankfully my husband is working the BBQ. I don't have a lot of cooking to do.

• in your history that you have had low blood pressure. have you checked it lately. that can make you dizzy and tired

• Actually my blood pressure has been slightly elevated recently. It was checked at least 3 times in the last 2 weeks and was higher than usual.
  • Did your primary Dr. mention anything about a virus? I had a lot of dizziness from when mostly I turned my head but even when sitting. The ER Dr. said it was a virus and it would o away on it's own and I took Gravol to stop the dizziness but ask your Dr. if that's all right for you. I was also put on high B/P pills my Primary put me on Diovan and I also got a free B/P cuff from the company but after 3 weeks my B/P was back to normal. I still have occasional dizziness when I'm laying down and turn my head. I hope it's only temporary for you. I stopped taking Flexeril and Lyrica just in case that was causing the dizziness. If it gets worse you should see your Dr. again and hopefully get blood tests done. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi Julie,

I'm new here and was looking for some answers, ideas on my symptoms, which just so happen to be like yours! I have eye pain (mostly in the right eye), and constant nausea for 6 weeks now. No vomitting (thank goodness).

I am having other symptoms that appeared to be MS. But the MRI said no MS. What it did say was that my neck was in bad shape. And that my symptoms could be caused by my neck arthritis.

I'm also wondering if nausea could be caused by my neck? Or maybe my back being out of whack?

I hope you get your answers quickly. Living with the dizziness and nausea is not fun at all!

Merry Christmas!

• MACHE82MMACHE82 Posts: 1
    edited 09/07/2015 - 8:50 AM
    I am also having these same symptoms. Has anyone found out what is the cause?

Please click on link for helpful information
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Liz -Spine-health Moderator
This discussion has been closed.