Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back surgeries

claudiacclaudia Posts: 167
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
well what can i say i have regrets because maybe i never should have had the 1st surgerie, now all screwd up well 2 year while working in PT... i had exhausted all options working in lite duty for 4 yrs with a 7 dollar pay cut was depressing enough now the 2nd was no -choice on my behalf 10 screws later.... 3 opinions... now jusyt do not know what to do boring not knowing how my life will turn out is killing me i want to work i have worked since i was 14 yrs old sitting and home kills me.... i neeed the radiofrequency joint injection and keep getting denien the only good thing that came out of this i lost 40 pounds lol lol... drinking hercbalife tea helps the pain... but w/ out this injection the burning will not stop i know it is knew but i believe it will work i am positive and have faith they the insurance wants to keep me like a druggy. NOT!!!i know the numbness will never go away... my left cage shifted out 5mm but is stable and i am finally fusing which is all good i realize i will never be 100 percent i have almost 17 yres w/ my company and i wanna go back to work even if it is a pay cut and lite duty....

• SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    What was your diagnosis and wheat type of surgery did you have? What has been the reasoning for denying the radiofrequency ablation procedure?
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • I had a major reconstrustive surgeries in 09 L-2l-3 l-4 l-5 S-1 and in 06 L-4 l-5 S-1... i have no idea why they r denned this injection only the insure company says it will not work....
  • From another post that you made regarding your failed fusion, I suspect the insurance denied the injection until they know if your fusion takes solid. Have you been treated with bone mass proteins during the surgeries? Or has the doctor recommended using Kyphoplasty cement to stabilize the bone? I feel for you, I have suffered from failed fusion syndrome for years, the pain is awful, I've had injections but never a nerve block as I'm not a good canidate as I have two herniated discs above the fusion site that eventually will need to be fixed. Good luck