Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

FINALLY got my meds

yasminayyasmina Posts: 166
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Long story short, I've been trying to get more pain meds since yesterday am, because of the severe pain I had the 4 previous days. I won't go into all the back and forth phone calls I made between the doc's office and the pharmacy.

I found some bio-oil - thank you everyone in chat who recommended it. You're right, it does smell deloverly.

Now my big decision is which book to read first. I am dangerous in Borders, especially with a gift card. Help me out here, should I read the history of New York City (I've already started that on my kindle), the history of England, or the history of London? All are written as novels with fictional characters, so they're all more than just dry, collegiate reading.

So help me out here, which one should I start with? :H

• Well I am from England so my vote goes for the history of England!!
  • Dang Karen...I'm so jealous I'm turning green!!!!! I have a house full of books and not enough book cases for them. Hmmm since they're all written as novels...I'd go for the England one too! Is it historical???? Those are my favorites.

What about the meds? What did the dr say? What did they give you????? I'm glad for you. You have become a joyous voice on s/h for me.

enjoy your kindle, your books and your meds. I got an Amazon gift card. Can't decide what to buy!!!!! Always my issue....love the readin'! But hey...I've got a great vocabulary and kill at scrabble!

• Hi Yvonne,

Let me first say that you have become a joy and a friend to me.

I've had my kindle since last March. I love it! I have over 100 books stored on it - it will hold up to 1500 so I have a long way to go. If you are a reader, which it sounds like, it might be worth the investment. You will quickly make up the cost by the books you buy. Instead of paying $29.99 for that new bestseller, you'll pay $9.99. Many new authors put their books available for kindle at no cost. You can also download samples of the first couple chapters of a book to see if you like it, before buying it. No deadline for it.

I love the fact that the books download instantly. No running to the bookstore. When I was in the hospital in Aug., I bought 4 books while laying in my bed.

Oh, and I almost forgot. Do you have an iphone? It has a kindle app FOR FREE! So you can download books onto your iphone w/o getting the actual kindle. I believe it has all the features of the kindle.

As you can tell, I am a huge advocate of the kindle, and highly recommend them! Maybe you could put your amazon gift card toward the purchase of one??

See you soon in chat!
  • OH, and the PA said that it's common to have flare-ups, especially when you're overdoing it. DUH!!

I got another 10 day supply of vicoden 7.5 and a Medrol steroid pack.

I was very honest with her. I was 3 days early calling for a refill of the vicoden, but told her that because of the severe pain, I had been taking them more often than presribed. She was very kind about everything.
  • I have kindle envy!!!!! See you in chat!
  • well,kindle girls,I am jealous!There are alot of books that can be read online,but that is not like being able to hold it!Good for ya'll.Glad you got your med.
  • I vote for London! Lots of history, romance, mystery! Glad to see you got meds to help you out. See you in chat. Hope you feel better soon. :-)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.