Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in New Member Introductions
i'm ron i live in ne penna. iv'e been dealing with back problems since 1990. had cervical fusion in 1991.did ok till 2005 when my lower back gave out,trip to er came out with not only a bad back but leukemia.then in 2008 i was in hospital with gi bleed. dx chron's diesease.finally had surgery on lower back nov.30 2009.now recovering but feeling better everyday.thank you for this board.

• Welcome to Spine-Health. You've come to the right place for spiney info and you'll find the members on the forum are a fantastic group of people who are knowledgeable, helpful and supportive.

So, tell us a little more about yourself. What cervical surgery did you have and what levels? And what lumbar surgery did you have? How are you doing with the leukemia and Chrone's disease?

There are many of us on the forums that have graduated to being both a neckie and lumbie, my being one of them. I've had a 3-lvl ACDF and am facing a 1-lvl TLIF next week.

It nice to have you aboard. Take a look around - I'm sure you'll find some fun and informative posts around the forums.

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Hi Ron and welcome to Spine Health. I'm sorry you've been having so many problems. There's really not much I can add to the great welcome Cathie already gave you. Please let us know if there's anything we can do for you.
  • thanks for the welcome. it's a great place you have here.spend most of my time on leukimia boards.had c6 c7 fusion in 1991.was supposed to have disc shaved at l3 l4 on the 30th.was told it would be an hour to hour and a half. home that day.when the went in they said there was more then showed on mri.6hrs later i came out fused from l1 to l4.with hardware.this is all new to me.could be the first one here to try to find out about surgery after having it. but this was totally unexpected.i've had sevevere leg pain since 2005.went for all the injectionswhich gave some relief.then this. but i feel a little better everyday
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you stopped by to explore the forum and meet lots of new "spiney" friends.. i hope your recovery continues to move along at a good rate and you are feeling great in no time. :D good luck as you progress. :D Jenny :)