Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

In Intractable Pain 24/7

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in New Member Introductions

I am new to this site, but not new to intractable pain! I had a 3 level/360 fusion in 07, L2 to L5 that failed. Was diagnosed with Fail Back Surgery Syndrome. After the fusion, I've had 5 Laminectomies to repair some of the issues that happened after the fusion, my last surgery was in Nov. of 09. I had a spinal cord stimulator installed in the summer of 08 and it has worked for my nerve pain, but not for my mechanical pain.

I am currently taking Methadone 80 Mg's and Dilaudid 4 Mg's for break through pain. My PM Doc is planning on installing a pain pump sometime in the next few months, will see what happens with that.... I hope to meet some other folks that are in pain like I am here. I am single and live alone with my doggie. Due to all of this pain and suffering, I lost my job, my house and most of my friends, so life has not been to good, but I am optimistic and hanging in there!

Hope to talk to y'all soon!

Tipper :-)

• Welcome to Spine-Health. You've come to the right place to meet others who are in similar situations such as yourself. Not only is this a great community of spiney friends, there's a wealth of information. Just type in whatever it is that you want to research in the search field, such as failed fusion or something to that affect. It will take you to other posts regarding that topic as well as information regarding failed fusions.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions, comments or concerns or you just want to chat with someone.

I'm also suffering from a possible failed fusion in addition to broken hardware and find that helping and supporting others is very rewarding as well as the fact that I've learned so much about the spine and all that goes with it.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you stopped by. :D so you are an animal lover. i am too. :D i have a 70# boxer/pit that i just love to pieces!! :X i am sorry you are still having pain after your failed surgery.. i hope your pain pump is a success. there are several members who use them on the site and are very happy with them.. good luck with your future pain problems. stop by anytime!! :D Jenny :)
  • Welcome to SH :H I'm sorry that you are in this situation and I understand how you feel since we have a lot in common. I had decompression surgery and then a 2 level fusion but I suffered complications and they didn't relieve the chronic lower back pain or the nerve pain and muscle spasms in my legs. I recently had a Dilaudid pain pump implanted and it will take some time to titrate the dose to a therapeutic level. For now I continue with my oral meds which are Methadone, Oxycodone, and the others listed below until I can start cutting back. If you have any questions please feel free to ask or send me a PM. Have you had a pump trial yet? I hope this works out for you and gives you a new lease on life. Take care

• For the wonderful welcome!!!!! :-)
  • We're here to give the support you need. I lost all my friends and family support also. We're about to lose the house due to lack of funds. I'm sorry to hear about everything that's happened. You sound so positive and that really helps! Thanks for sharing and I'm starting to see hope too. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • You know, no matter how hard things have been for me, the only thing that have kept me going is my good positive attitude and my sense of humor. What else can I do? I hope that your issues will get resolve soon, and thanks for the support.

• Tipper,
    That's a great attitude to have and will really help to get you through this tough time. A sense of humor is great and we all love to laugh so looking forward to hearing...i mean...reading more from you.
  • Good luck, this is an awesome site with all kinds of support. Welcome