Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lidoderm Patch Works!

backman01bbackman01 Posts: 97
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Chronic Pain
Thanks everyone who gave me info about the patch,Fri i picked up 2 bxs 60 patches $466.00 wow.I put one on at l-45 and in 10 minutes my pain was gone,i keep it on at night and i feel much better when i wake up i must sleep better,
i hope it lasts for a while. Rick ncpa

• That's great, Rick! I've used them since my fusion & they have saved many a day/night for me.

Too bad they cost you so much...mine are only $20 a box as we have good insurance..is there any way you could try to get them @ a cheaper price? Some drug companies will help you meet the cost 1/2 way or such. I think they are made by "Endo Pharamecuticals"--maybe you could check to see if they have plan to help reduce the cost.

They are a wonderful non-invasive, "no pill" way to help ease the superficial to medium level pain. I love them! You can use up to 3 at a time, but @ $466 for 2 boxes, you might want to be conservative, but heck, you shoudn't have to, since they help you so much.

Again, wonderful that you got some sleep & relief!
    Way to go!

• That's great news - happy to hear they worked for you. They really helped me for a while. It's a much better alternative to popping pills all day long.
  • Happy to hear they work for you too. I put one on my back and one on my knee. I get 3 boxes and the cost is $300.00 plus but I also have good insurance so am covered. You can cut them in half to save on them.
    Patsy W :H
  • Like Pat mentioned you can cut them in half. I did that too. I was told not to use more than 3 at once so I would cut them to place them where I needed them the most. Also,I'm sure you already know this, but don't use your heating pad while wearing the patches.

• Is this something a Pain Mgt. Dr. has to prescribe or just your Ortho?
  • I have used Lidoderm for awhile now and happy with the results as well. The Flector Patches may be another option if price becomes an issue with Lidoderm.

Find a good massage therapist too. There are many other options that work well WITHOUT Narcotic pain meds.
This discussion has been closed.