Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Stockbroker aka Susan

J.J.GreyJJ.J.Grey Posts: 2,961
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Matters of the Heart
Somebody please let me know if you have any details surrounding Susan's death. I just heard about it and am very upset. I have left a message for her husband but I am beside myself. She and I were good friends here for about the past year or more. We were doing weekly weigh ins on Saturday and then she just stopped for awhile. Now I have learned that she passed away on December 15. I will post more when I hear from her husband. If anyone else has any more info on this PLEASE let me know.

• How tragic!

JJ, PLEASE keep us updated.

• Condolences to her family and close friends here. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • she was active on here,I believe,before I came on,but I am so sorry to hear
  • This news is horrid! Please, please share any info you get. I'm taken aback and just can't wrap my head around this one.

Wasn't she the one that e-mailed Oprah about pain meds?

So sorry for her family and friends.

• I am so sorry to hear of this. Susan was a big contributor here.

JJ, please let her husband know of my sincere condolences.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • that it is true. I have not heard back from her husband yet. She was extremely depressed on her last post of 12/12/09. She died on 12/15/09. I am afraid that the depression got the best of her. She had just celebrated her 62 birthday in October. I promise to update as soon as I hear. You never really realize how close you are to friends made here until something tragic like this happens.
  • She and I had emailed each other a few times, I was just wondering what had happened as I have not been active much since the Holidays.

I do have a few words,

Please let her be at peace now.
  • I really have no words to add here. I have enjoyed reading susans post and also chatting with her on multiple times in chat. JJ please keep us update should you learn anything. Tell her family how truly sorry we are.
  • This saddens me deeply. I've cared about and respected Susan since we first exchanged messages. I'll miss her very much.

JJ, yes, please keep us updated and please, also let us know how her husband and the rest of her family are holding up.

Oh, Susan...if only...
  • Her husband is not very computer literate so all I can do is wait for his reply to tell me the details. I feel bad because I have had alot going on and have not been here for a few weeks. I know that Susan really had good friends here that (like many of us) she may not have had outside this forum. I think that we can all be glad that we may have made her life just a little bit better while she was here. I promise to let you all know. She did tell me once that she and her husband had talked about the fact that if the pain got to be too much that she would end it. I know that she is no longer in pain but can't help to think about the ones that she left behind that will now live their lives in pain. I am watching my email feverishly.
  • Let us know if/when he replies.
    Some of her words meant a lot to me.

MOST of her words meant a lot to me.
  • When I read this post I couldnt believe it. It's so sad, I feel so bad for her.
    I really hope it wasn't the depression that got the best of her. She was such a good person and gave such good advice. I'll miss reading her posts.
    After her long struggle with pain, it seems such a sad end.
    My condolences to everyone close to her.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,845
    when we hear about a member that has passed away.

Many people on Spine-Health develop close bonds with other members and discuss so much about what is going in their lives. And when a member that we have developed that bond with passes away it becomes very difficult to handle. What I can add is that because of the bonds that have been created here, I am sure that members who have been close to other members feel it more personally. I wish we could find ways to reduce that pain.

My prays and thoughts are out to Susan's husband and family.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • This is such sad news. I have always enjoyed reading Susan's posts and when I read her last post on here... I have tears running down my face.

She was blessed to have J.J., Jim and the many other friends she was close to, just as you all were blessed to have Susan as your friend. She touched each of you in her own special way.

My prayers are with everyone who was close to Susan, her husband and her family.

So tragic...

• I also enjoyed reading Susan's posts. My thoughts and prayers are with her family,friends and those of you here at SH that she meant so much to.

• Oh my gosh, I was not close to Susan but I am terribly sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with her family & friends as well. I'm so sorry for those of you on here who were close with her. :( It sounds like she really enriched a lot of peoples lives.
  • Maybe it had nothing to do with her pain, or depression. Maybe she had a heart attack.

Gosh. I just saw how morbid that sounded. At any rate, I hope it was from natural causes and not by her own hand.

RIP Stockbroker
  • It really does not sound morbid at all. I find myself hoping the same thing.
  • I miss her very much and will always think of her since she is my buddy. SH won't feel the same without her.
  • Is that Susan will be remembered by so many because of her longstanding participation here! It's awesome to know that she will forever live on through this site and the friends she made along the way.

• may susan rest in peace away from all the pain she knew.

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    I really like that! and I'll be hanging onto that!
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • i have posted on another post questioning why what about Susan ? as i did not know ..i am so sorry that we have lost her .i have talked to her in the past but i could not claim to know her as well as some others .my thoughts are with her family and friends