Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2 week post op visit is good!!!!!

texascowgirlttexascowgirl Posts: 535
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
well,I saw the surgeon today,and all incisions look great,I dont have to cover them anymore!I do have to get an ultrasoound on my lower leg,since it is still abit swollen from surgery,but he wasnt concerned.I still have to wear these hose awhile,ugh.He said I was doing super consideriing I am only 2 weeks out(and I am 59)----He said I can drive,but I not quite ready.I still have some pain,so I did get a hydro refill--and I am really sore after riding in the car,him moving me around,etc. I told him I had a good mental attitude,that I am not in a hurry to be able to tackle the world again.This has been so much better than my first surgery,and I am so grateful.He said having a positve outlook contributes hugely to successful healing. And as I have said on here before,my spiney friends have been,and are, such a huge part of all this! I thank you all with all my heart!Jeannie

• Nice to hear a good report. I am pleased for you. Now keep up the good work. Be sensible and remember to keep walking!!

• I am so glad that you are doing so well. Keep following the rules and you'll be playing with your grandchildren before you know it.

It is so good to hear of a 'post-oppie' doing so well.

Keep healing!
  • It's so early in your healing and good to hear you're staying positive and starting to heal well. I wish you heal completely and your leg gets better soon. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Its always wonderful to hear the positive reports, keep up with your good recovery.
  • Hi there from Dallas. So glad to hear you had a good post op. It really gives you confidence to know you are healing well. Just keep doing what you're doing and go easy. The worst part is over.
  • Glad to you see your doing better!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jeannie.....I'm so thrilled for your news!!!! Even if you do need the ultrasound for your leg...you're doing so well! That is awesome!!!!!!

I love to read stories of those who's recovery is going so well!

rock it girl...

• Hi Jeannie

That's good news and keeping positive as you are, will definitely help. I didn't start driving until 6 weeks post-op and was glad that I waited.

I put Bio-Oil on my scar every day and it has healed beautifully and the line is so fine - think that's due to the surgeon's skill too.

Keep up the walking and hope your recovery continues to go well.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • thank you for all the positve thoughts-it helps so much-----Trish,you are right,it is good to know I can drive,but I am not near ready to do that!Fortunately my hub is retired,so he is home to do any errands--I know I am lucky----where do you get Biooil?I just got the bandages off yesterday,soI can put oil on the incisions.......Shannon,we are almost neighbors!Texas style anyway---I am about 30 minutes northwest of Denton---between Krum and Slidell.----I know I get mushy,but I just have to say again how much my fellow spineys mean to me
  • haha Yes, actually we are neighbors. I always say Dallas, just because it helps a person know where I am but actually I'm in Denton County. I'm over in the SE corner by Frisco. Little town on Lake Lewisville. So...howdy neighbor! Hope you're having a good day today although it's all grey and drab outside.
  • Here I thought I was the only one who got mushy over my new spiney friends!!!!!! This forum and the fab folks I've met here have helped in ways they will never know.

I'm still so glad for Jeannie....so you're not ready to drive but hubby's available! That's great. I can't drive yet either...at over 2 months post op! But hubby takes me to the dr and sister takes me to run basic errands.

Please keep us posted. Our family is happy when one of us is doing so well!!!!

• nope,I am a very mushy person-I even hugged my surgeon yesterday