Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ct/myelogram back pain after fusion

mayoralmmayoral Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
:/ want to know if any one has had a ct/myelogram done and how is this done? was it painful?

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    I have had 3 myelograms done on my cervical area.2 of the myelograms were a breeze and not one problem but the other was a nightmare. Spinal headache which lasted about a day( worst headache I have ever had).
    To me the worst part of the test other then the headache was I just knew I was going to be flipped off the table onto my head when they turn the table upside down during the test. Rest assured I did not get dropped but for the life of me I still cannot figure out how I did not. lol. Relax and it will be over before you know it.
  • This link will pretty much tell you everything you'll want or need to know about a CT myelogram:

• SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    I've had one for low back and one for cervical. You are likely to get a spinal headache if they do a cervical CT myelogram since they tip your head to get the contrast fluid into the cervical area. The lumbar one was much easier and I did not have a spinal headache while at the facility but had a significant headache for at least 8 hours after the procedure due to spinal fluid leak (common after myelogram) but mine resolved overnight. Hence they will tell you to go home and lay down flat. Follow all directions exactly and it may help.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • I just had one done for lower back pain monday and never had a headache. The rest was like a ESI which I only felt a little sting when they stuck me and a few x-rays later it was over. I did lay around the rest of the day then went on my normal way the following day.
  • I had a lumbar myelogram last summer. The procedure itself was no big deal. I was not tilted very much for the myelogram, which did not take very long. Around 1.5 hours later they did the CT scan.

Unfortunately, by the following day I was dealing with a major spinal headache. Three days later I finally got a blood patch done, which provided instantaneous relief. The blood patch procedure was no worse than an ESI, with the addition of taking a little blood.
  • my lower lumbar myelogram hurt terribly when the dr.hit the right nerve,then there was a rush,and I had a terrible headache,BUT after it was over,it was over----my dr. keeps myelogram patients in the hospital for 4-5 hours lying in a comfy bed to make sure those terrible headaches dont come. So it looks like one of those procedures that just affects everyone differently-the ct wasnt painful,and they keep you flat,then I went right to my room---let us know!!!!