Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Update on upcoming cervical surgery

linnryllinnry Posts: 34
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
So sorry I have not been here to give y'all an update lately. Been having lots to do with holidays as well as this unrelenting pain to deal with. Ok, when I came here I think it was October, I said I was going to have surgery soon on my C/4 vertebrae, well I did get a second opinion from another Neurosurgeon and he told me he HAD to have a discogram on me to know which disk was giving me the problem. I understand that but was SOOO scared because I heard awful things about discograms. I made it through the discogram and found out that I don't only have one disk that is bad but 2. They are the 4/5 and the 5/6. The fluid leaked out and i suppose that means they are ruptured. This discogram was done around the middle of December and with the holidays, etc I am only now able to get my follow-up appoint with the surgeon next week and I think he will then tell me about when we will do the surgery. I am holding on with Lortabs for pain allowed to take 4 a day but folks, they only last 3 hours instead of 4 :( This primary doc I have doesn't want to give me anything else until my surgery and that's got me bummed out but I guess I will survive... I cannot wait for the surgery, I want it done quick and to get off all meds, the sooner the better. I thank all of you for your support, thankful I have this place to come to and vent.


Sign In or Register to comment.