Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

surgery Jan 25th 2010,,

fr0ggyloverffr0ggylover Posts: 19
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Lower Back Pain
I had my pre op today everything looks good so far. Is it normal to have very odd dreams Like the worst things that could go wrong??
I have had many dreams about being in a wheel chair and stuff is this normal?

I just hope the numbness and pain get better. Today i had to take 4 pain pills, and thearopy was harder (pain #5) most the day.

my Left leg is the one going numb now Is that normal for the legs to switch? or could it be because i fell on the ice?

I know too many ? with no answers, but life will give all the answers you need.

• I did go through kind of the same thing. I wasn't sleeping at all before surgery. I was way to nerveous and way to concerned. Finally a friend of mine said to me to trust my surgeon. Ask any and everything you can. They want you to ask.

I just had my surgery. L4 L5 fusion on January 7th. When i woke up from surgery i didnt feel the sciatiac nerve pain down my left leg. I am doing okay all things considered.

just take it easy and trust that your surgeon will do his/hers job the best they can. Remember you will be down for a little bit and will have to learn no blt NO BENDING, LIFTING OR TWISTING FOR A WHILE. And from there all we need to try to accomplish is trying to pamper ourselves until our surgeon says differently. Good luck with everything.
  • Good luck with the surgery!!!

• and that you are getting all the final preparations of your home sorted so everything is easily reached.

I'll follow your progress with interest and hope that it all goes well and that your recovery is smooth and untroubled.
  • My husband says I'm (nesting) LOL I'm making sure the walkways are wider incase i need help with a cane or walker.

We are alos Moving our bed to the main floor of our home, so I'm closer to the bathroom.

We also Bought a new bed Like select comfort but it is from a different store.

My mom made us meat balls and per cooked us some meals. That should help alot.

We are having family time this weekend. going to the planetarium today.

I know I will be in the surgons hands and Gods, during the surgery.

• Good Luck on your surgery and recovery, it seems like you are having things ready to come home. I didnt have some things, and it was harder until I got them. Will be watching to see how things go. Again, Good Luck and looking forward to your speedy and uneventful recovery, Love Robin

• Thinking of you and hoping that things have gone well for you. I'm sure it will be very tough for you at the moment, but hope that each day will get easier and most of all that they are controlling your pain.

Let us know, when you can, how you are doing.

Rest and heal.
  • I thank my doctor and god
    I found out after surgery that my back was worse then they first thought. L5 had shifted very badly into my body, my upper spine was pushing totally on L5.

He had to do S1 to L5 fusion with hard ware and L5 to L4 just fusion with bone graft to L4 to L5. i'm getting around some the pain is bad But

I'm back to the height of 5'4 before surgery was 5'3

all and all I'm doing ok

• It's amazing what the Surgeon finds once theu're operating on you how bad off you were and what you had to endeure. Good your legs and feet feel better. I hope you continue to heal well. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • It was amazing that your surgeon found out a solution for you. Hope you will recover soon. BTW, may I know more details on your recent surgery (TLIF). What was your surgeon do on it? Any accessories that your surgeon used?

Actually, i was on slipped disk on last year. I had my surgery end of last year by put in 2 screws in L5-S1. But, unfortunately, the the screws was not help me more. My surgeon said the following surgery can do for me is TLIF. I was trying to get more opinion from members here how it is.

Since, you already did it, kindly share more informations with me.

This discussion has been closed.