Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone hear from ceecee41??

lynettellynette Posts: 217
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
CeeCee...wondering how you are doing...hope everything is ok lynette

• I was wondering about her today too--I hope everything is ok
  • I've been lurking here and there watching to see if she checks in.
    We're thinking of you, girl! Hope you are resting and healing. Give us a sign.
  • she is o.k.!
    CeeCee just send us a one liner if you can!
  • Ceecee just posted on her other post! We are watching out for you girl! Lynette
  • I have had a difficult road to recovery my pain is through the roof I went to the doctor and he told me it will take some time but I go back in 4 weeks my leg pain is worst than it was before surgery i can't keep any food down and my incision pain in front and back is very bad I wish so much I can hurry and get over this hump it has had me depressed and crying all the time I will try to get on as much as possible I sleep alot from my meds on my way to take a nap now I love you all.

• Ceecee, I really feel for your pain.
    I'm praying for you, for strength now and feeling better soon.

This is temporary and you will feel better soon. Hang in there.
  • ahhh man ceecee, i really hope you feel better soon. thats sounds horrible! keep you chin up..
  • I'm sorry you're having so much pain and all. Do you have a walker to help you walk? I pray you get through this rough time. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • that you are feeling so bad! I wish there was something I could do to help! Just know that we are all pulling for you!
  • So sorry it's hurting badly. Keep taking those meds and this will get better soon. Everything is riled up from surgery and the hurt is fresh. Time will take care of a lot of it. I cried quite a bit the first few weeks. I sat in my wingback chair, which we dubbed the angry chair, for the first few weeks and would sit there and just cry. Then I'd sleep, walk a tad, cry and then sit. Vicious couple of weeks but we are all proof that you can get through this and mend. You're very brave and very strong, much stronger than you realize and you are taking an active stand in your life to improve your health. You're gonna make it!
  • The problem is not just the pain but trying to have a bowel movement sorry not trying to be graphic but my leg is burning like someone lit a fire to it all the time and the leg because limp and weak and I tend to trip over myself and I have been using my walker because I can't keep my balance without it I appreciate everyone checking on me it means alot thanks alot.
  • Ice your legs and run the warm water over your legs in the bath chair. What does your Surgeon say is causing the burning? Is it just the nerves waking up. I hope you start to heal soon. We're so concerned how you're doing. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Bless your hurting heart! Sending an army of guardian O:) O:) O:) O:) O:) to watch over you and bring you comfort and peace.

As someone said in another post,there are people here who have gone through this surgery and made it through the icky part of recovery. I hope that brings you some piece of mind.

Take it one day at a time and try not to let the pain let your mind go to negative thinking. Your body's just having its own little pity party right now and you're along for the ride.

Take good care of you and may the "poop gods" favor you with a present real soon 8} !

• Hello I had to go to the ER yesterday I had no feeling in my left leg tommorrow I have to see my dr to go for another Mri to make sure everything is ok my pain is very painful the numbness is always there and the burning so my dr wants to do another mri wish me luck.
  • CeeCee,I am so sorry you are having so much trouble=hang in there,and let us know when you feel up to it-Jeannie
  • of the pain don't know what to do keep me in your prayers.
  • hang in there,ceecee--I know you can do it
  • I have good days and bad days and yesterday was a bad day today is a better day the pain yesterday kept me in tears and I ended up in the Er.

• Hang in there; this stage won't last forever.
  • Hello CeeCee. I know the ER is no fun but it's there for a reason and sometimes we just have to go. If your pain was unbearable then you did the right thing by making the trip to it. No sense suffering when they can make you a little more comfortable with a shot or two.

When I was in the hospital once, I had this nurse from New Orleans and she took me under her wing. I told her how uncomfortable my bowels were one night and that I really needed help. She made a concoction of prune juice and sweet coffee and warmed it up real good. It helped with the sluggish bowel problem.

You're doing a good job and you're going to make it through this. Cry when you need to and make yourself smile at something also every once in a while. If you are able, sit yourself in the sunshine for a few moments and absorb it.
    Thinkin' of ya! Enjoy it's warmth on your skin.
  • I hope today is better for you!! I feel terrible you are having so much difficulty. Did you have the mri today? Have been keeping you in thoughts and prayers. lynette
  • Any update on this?? Haven't seen CEECEE online much or at all....
  • since the 31st and she posted was having mri on 2/1 and was having bad pain. Wonder whats going on...maybe admitted for pain control.
  • Hey everyone sorry haven't posted for a while I have a very bad infection in my incision in the back and have been very sick my doctor held off on the mri until i come back on the 25feb I have to get a handicap sticker because walker is so much right now I still walk with my walker due to the extensive leg pain.
  • Hi CeeCee-glad to hear from you!!!I know what you are going through--my first fusion incision got infected-I used a walker for 3 months-but please hang in there!It will get better-rest,rest,rest!
  • take care of that... infections are a no no...

good luck and get better
  • CeeCee... good to hear from you, so sorry having all the issues , no one should have to go through complications after all we go through!! I sent you a PM too.Lynette
  • this has been a difficult recovery for me my bowels are not moving I have a nurse coming next week to check my incision because it has bleed through the steri strips and I feel so weak. There are times I am glad I had the surgery and times like this I wish I hadn't sorry but I have to be honest I would not do it again unless it were life or death this is horrible.
  • I added you on to my Pm this is a hard surgery I had the whole disc removed and BMP placed in the empty disc area I got cut in the front and back the incision in the front is about 8 inches and the one in the back is about 4 inches.
  • Ceecee

How bad was your disc? How many levels were fused?