Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Meditation, it's been helping....

Nicole74NNicole74 Posts: 123
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Chronic Pain
I just want to share with you all that I've been trying a new approach with my pain management. I still take the medications, but all the other treatments/procedures have failed in helping with the pain.

I've turned my thinking around and I tell myself through out the day that "I'm getting better, my spinal cord is healed". I'm also meditating everyday. For about 20 minutes a day when the kids are off to school, or right before I go to bed on the weekends. I relax my entire body and clear my mind. Sometimes I listen to calming/relaxing music when doing this. Youtube is great for a varity of music. One of my favorites is Kyrie, Eleison - Fountain of life by Margaret Rizza.

This has by far been the best medicine. It's been helping me be at peace and it helps me deal with this pain in a much better way. I've noticed I'm happier all around. The mind is very powerful.

• I've also focused on turning all my thoughts into positive thoughts and getting rid of the negative feelings. I've noticed that I've been really negative the past two years, due to the severe pain.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    approaches. Some many years of taking regular medications, I wanted to try a different method.

- Osteopathic Treatments
    - Relaxation Techniques (Music)
    - Aroma and Candle Therapy
    - Personal Meditation

All have given me what I call an upper edge on my pain management. I still am taking the narcotics, the nerve medications, and muscle relaxers, but I last longer between needed to take them.

Its definitely worth trying. You do have to have an open mind to these different ways of healing the body
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Nicole74 If it work for you the more power to you.

Hoping you be pain free

This discussion has been closed.