Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new dr

micklp66mmicklp66 Posts: 72
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
i recently moved and had to get a new dr,he told me i was on too much medication, it made me feel awful, i felt he should have investigated further into my records, to see as to why i am on med's...

• Wow Micklp what an intro to your new Dr. I hope he does investigate why you need pain medications. Maybe your previous MD can fax just the essentials of your past history to him. Although they may charge for that. Another way is for him to get your info and surgical records with your consent from the hospital where you had surgery and that would give him a better idea of where you've been with your pain levels. Many people differ in their pain threshold and may require the dosages they take. I hope you have found a good Doctor and one that will try to help you and figure out what's causing the pain and make you feel better in your new relationship with him. Keep us posted. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    I don't think I would want to continue seeing him after that. I suggest finding someone else.
    Good luck,Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • You say he should have investigated more but did you ask for an explanation or provide info? Not knowing your history none of us can intelligently voice an opinion. He might be right or he might be wrong.

I have had doctors who push pills for everything and I know some of it is to keep me coming back. Other docs say to try other things like PT, massage, acupuncture, traction because pills won't make you better they only temporarily take away pain.

I tend to like the docs who don't push pills better. I don't want to be in pain forever so it makes me look for solutions. As my PT says pills are an invasive treatment.

Now on the other hand you have some docs who feel that once they do their surgery or treatment you should be better with no pain. We know that isnt true in all cases.

Only you can decide how you feel about this doctor. But before you write him off do some soul searching to make sure you do so for the right reasons. If you have any doubts go back for a second visit and be honest with him about your feelings.