Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What's this all about now?

txmemaw5ttxmemaw5 Posts: 35
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
acdf c5c6..with all hardware..almost 6 mos post op..have been doing really well--until 3 wks ago...then shoulders starting acting up...then last wk I developed a sore spot midway between shoulders down from neck..then this morning got up back of neck sore and doesn't feel just right to me...I go to NS for checkup on the 4th of Feb....has anyone been to the point of doing good and then all of a sudden seem to go backward...haven't done anything unusual to cause this...got me really anxious/worried......

• Many of us have setbacks along the way to recovery. Even after we have "recovered" its never the same as before.

Tell you Dr. next week about these symptoms you are feeling. Have you been over-doing it lately? Sometimes when we start to feel better we (I) do more than we should.

Sometimes just sleeping in a funny position can set off a problem, or hideously cold weather (8 flipping degrees this am, almost crying driving daughter to pre-school today).

Anyway, let your Dr. know what's going on, hopefully you will start feeling better. Take care, Lisa
  • Hopefully it is just a rough patch you are in now. I assume they will be looking to see if you are fused? If there is something wrong with the fusion itself it could be causing some issues. For myself it was right at the 6 month mark I developed psuedoarthrosis. A x-ray revealed something was off, so a CT scan was ordered and the psuedo confirmed. Try not to focus to much on it, but be sure to explain the problems to the surgeon when you see them. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • My post should not have a snoozing smiley face there! I meant to put I in parentheses, apparently this brings on a smiley, I never use them so I am clueless. Oh well......technology.....LOL
  • ACDF c5c6, with all the hardware + a vertebre replaced.....6 mo post op..went to NS for ck up after experiencing new problems...shoulders and pain in upper back....I can tolerate the pain to a point but when it kicks in good, almost unbearable...NS did more exrays but tells me it's still healing and dealing with the vertebre replacement is causing the pain I'm having...won't get the results from the xrays till Tues...did mention if all shows as he expects we may discuss pain management..(any info appreciated)....how long does the "early in the game" and long way to go mean..my problem is I thought by now I would be doing as good as a month ago..now this starts..feel like I'm going backwards..he says it will get better..some patients experience this problem while others do not...why am I the lucky one????