Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Seriously, folks... this ACTUALLY happened!!

jeauxbertjjeauxbert Posts: 953
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Water Cooler
So, I am at my usual pharmacy (QVL) filling my prescriptions.. well, ok - WAITING for it to be filled (it took about 45 minutes...).

There was this lady with crutches, and the cutest little boy - maybe 4, possibly 5 years old. The lady was either really craving some adult interaction, or hopped up on pain killers, or maybe she's just friendly. Yeah - we'll go with that one. She was very talkative, and I tuned out most of it...

So this guy walks in - youngish, maybe 25 - we'll call him JOHN. Picks up his meds and walks out the door. The lady, lets call her SUE, tells the little boy that she is going outside for a minute or two and to stay inside. (I should say that QVL is not a store; it's a pharmacy only. you bring your meds, show ID, sit and wait or come back later, get your meds and leave. no shopping. there's 6 very uncomfortable chairs and a TV should you decide to wait).

So, Sue goes outside for about 5 - 10 minutes and comes back in. She made the comment that JOHN was outside selling his meds. The pharmacist comes tearing out from behind the 6" bullet-proof glass partition and said "WHAT?!?" Sue gave her the low-down - John went outside, got in his car (which is 2 - 3 feet from the door to the pharmacy, mind you) and in a few minutes this other fella came to his window, John counted 15 oxys out, handed it to the other fella told him to re-count to be sure it was 15 and Sue heard the otha fella say "... 13, 14, 15. Yeah, all there" and leave.

The pharmacist went outside and she read this guy John the riot act. I told Sue she should probably wait until his car is gone before she leaves. The pharmacist came in and said "Oh, well, he denied it. But I told him there are cameras out here, and that he should not come back for any other prescriptions".

So... can you believe the audacity? The unmitigated gall of some people? It never ceases to amaze me...

• :D

One of my favorite sayings was posted above the door of one of my co-workers, which said "You can't fix dumb!"

Well, I wouldn't think that drug abusers are in the "amazing minds" group. Heck, I can't tell you how many times I walk in a room and forget what I went in there to get. And that's just on a mild protocol of drugs for pain relief.

And, yes, I can believe that happened. This type of person is so out of touch with reality that they don't even fear getting caught.

One of the pharmacies that is close to Universal Studios in Orlando has been burglarized dozens of times -- they even broke through the roof to get to the pharmacy. Day or night, open or closed, this store got robbed AND it wasn't in a bad neighborhood. Sorry, going off on a tangent!

Just when you think you've seen and heard it all!

• I live in Australia and an aquaintence (NOT friend) of mine is a drug dealer. He was at our place one day and spotted my endones and oxycontins and told me I could get $80 per tablet if I wanted to sell them!
    Obviously I told him in no uncertain terms that that would never happen and that I thought he was scum for selling drugs. But I couldn't get over how much people would pay for these tablets, there are some very sick people out there
  • You moved those to a safe, locked hidden location!
    People have been robbed for far less!

Seriously, keep the script bottles out of sight of as many people as possible! It can be anyone casually mentioning you are taking this stuff to someone, word gets to the wrong person...

The other benefit is that some people will criticize you for taking narcotics. If they don't know, they don't criticize! Simple form of keeping stress down if you have people that just don't understand!
  • very rural area, hardly any crime, but what people will do for drugs. A man in a wheelchair was wheeling himself down to the local store, "friends" who knew him from seeing him at the local coffee shop offered to wheel him back to his apartment where they then robbed him for his oxycontins! Drug addicts have only one thought from the moment they wake up until they go to sleep at night, where and how do I get my next fix. The addiction strips them of all morals. Very sad.

• "The pharmacist went outside and she read this guy John the riot act." #o
    with the information that was provided to the pharmacist, she should of called law enforcement officers to respond and investigate. if "john" was short 15 pills from the precription that was only 10 minutes old, then they could of documented these facts and at least have given this information to the doctor that wrote the prescription for john and his pain medications. proper action maybe could of even ended with a conviction with the testimony from "sue" as it is illegal to even give your prescriptions away, much lest sell them.
    sometimes you can not see the forest through the trees. God Bless All, kc