Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lower back pain, multiple bulging/herniated disc

momwithnosleepmmomwithnosleep Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Lower Back Pain
In Nov I went for an MRI that landed me seeing a nuerosurgeon in Dec.
I am not exactly sure all the medical terms or meanings but he told me that my L3-4,L4-5 & L5-S1 disc are bulging/herniated. One of which was pinching my sciatic nerve. I was sent to a pain mngmnt dr and PT. PT was HORRIBLE, I left feeling MUCH worse. The Pain mngmnt dr put me on Neurontin (sure spelled wrong) and percocet for the pain. I went 12 days ago for an ESI. She hit my spinal sac and did a blood patch and I go back for attemt #2 in 7 days. But now my pain is totally different. I no longer have the numbness in my foot or the pain in my leg. Now i still have pain that constantly stays between 8-9. When i stand up from sitting or laying i take 2 steps and i have this "burning" pain in my very low back that almost causes me to drop to my knees.
I am hoping the second attempt at an ESI works because I need to get off the pain pills. I have 3 kids. The youngest of which are my 4 yr old identical twins. One of them has type 1 diabetes and its VERY time consuming. I dont have time to be out of commission LOL!!!!!
I originally said NO surgery at all but the NEurosurgeon said it may be unavoidable. :0(

• I'm sorry you're having so much pain. I'm glad the 1st ESI did help your leg pain some. I hope the second one works and you get some more relief. I had a 40% reduction of pain in my leg and foot with the ESIs. I also take Cymbalta to continue to help the sciatica. I hope you won't need pain medications for too long and hope the bulging herniated/discs heal on their own. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Just a note... The numbness in my foot and pain in my leg was already starting to get better. Because she hit my spinal sac during the first ESI no meds were actually injected :0(
This discussion has been closed.