Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

salty444ssalty444 Posts: 149
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Pain Medications
Does Lyrica have to build in your system like neurontin? If so i'm not filling this script... I take too many other pills on a daily basis.

• Lyrica started to help me after the first dose. Best wishes.

• it helps me, after i get past the surgery pain i may go up to 300mg. Oh, i am hurting today, but doing everything i can to get in a better mood before my kids come home, so this may sound mean. Took me maybe less than a week to feel the relief(did have some side effects that dissapeared after a week or two). Hey stick with what you got, cause taking 1-4 pills a day that might break your nerve pain does sound like a huge burden. Me personally I would do almost anything to get back my quality of life, but if swallowing some more meds is too much live with the pain, hell some folks don't want any meds. i want my life back, but you may not be there yet.I apologize for being mean, but come on what do you have to lose? You can always stop taking the med if its not working, or causing problems. What if it helped ,but you were to stubborn to give it a try?

• I don't understand. Why would you refuse to fill a prescription if the medication takes a bit to work into your system? If it works and allows you to function better, what's the problem?

Most all of us with nerve pain have to take daily medication to suppress the worst of it. It is just the new fact of life for us.

Many folks are able to get away from other medications once the right one is found that helps control their pain. The key though, is being willing to try.

Just my opinion.