Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

need advice on whiplash after fusion

grandmesamomggrandmesamom Posts: 181
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I was rear ended at a stoplight last week. It was a low impact collision but I was frightened to death as I have had ongoing neck problems for 1.5 years. I had a c6c7 fusion in 07 and a C5C6 fusion in 08 after a cord compressiin causing myelopathy and chronic pain. I sought medical attention in the Er, had Ct scan of head and neck which were negative.I have a nagging headache in the back of my head that feels like it is coming from my spine. Its worse the more active I am.Is this to be expected? When the insurance company asked me my diagnosis I told them whiplash which was on the Er papers. They told me that wasn't a diagnosis.How concerned should I be?

• I say go to your surgeon and get a MRi ordered. Although it could be whiplash and whiplash can take a long time to heal from. When i was first in my car accident they thought it was just whiplash and that was definitely not the case. Maybe you could have the CT scan sent to your surgeon as he knows what he did and what everything should look like and then see what he/she thinks. What insurance company asked you the diagnosis yours or the other party? Better to error on the side of caution with a mri if your surgeon feels the need for it. I do hope you get to feeling better though. Let us know how it works out. Take care.
  • If you have never been injured in a car accident you need to find out how the insurance works. I am asumming you are from AZ which is not a no-fault state. I don't know how that works. Check with your agent. Usually they can give you a quick course in claims.

A trip to your surgeon is appropriate. Since you were not at fault you may want to hire a lawyer to represent you. A good para-legal is priceless. They will guide you through the whole process and protect your interests. Under no circumstance should you be speaking with the other drivers insurance company. One wrong word can cost you alot.

Let us know what happens. We learn by sharing.