Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

mcafgrmmcafgr Posts: 11
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Had my meeting with my Admin Law Judge today, and after about 20 minutes he stopped me and told me that he was going to approve me!!!!

It's been a long fight...and for those of you that I talk to, the best advice I can give is to not give up....please don't give up.

The Judge told me that with my excellent work history and the fact that I see my doctors at least once a month, he has no choice but to list me as disabled. I must say....I broke out in tears.

Please do not give up folks.....Pray to your god, keep up your treatments, get fully prepared, and tell the truth. And all will be given to you.

Good luck to everyone, and keep the faith!

• wow finally such great thing for you
    so so happy..i just finished mailing my info and doing some online..
    did you do on your own or get attny..
    your great stuggle is inspiring to me and thank you for sharing your words
    so so happy for you
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • I used an attorney...I would not go in without one. The money she charged was well worth it. Thank G-D, after 3 years!
  • That seems like a long wait but great you finally received funds. I wonder why they make you wait so long though? Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Great news! You were so nervous about it in chat yesterday. Congratulations. I had the same spinal troubles you have and then had to have a fusion.

• and i'm sooooo jealous right now.
    You must feel over the moon. Hope you're having a party.
  • My guess for it taking so long is sooo many are denied from the get go. I don't remember the exact percentages. I think its like 17 percent are accepted on first applying. The numbers are not much better on first appeal. By the time you get to the Admin Law Judge level I think 60 percent are approved, approximately.

I figure if that great a percentage are denied on the initial application and then the appeal, its no wonder the wait times are so long. The numbers of people appealing compared to the number of judges available to hear them would explain to me why we are waiting so long.

I am very very fortunate I have Long Term Disability paying me until my hearing. I'd be lost without it. If I had not chosen Long TErm Disability as one of my benefits at my last employer I would not have that to fall back on now.