Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everybody, My doctor is the one who turned me on to this website.He wanted me to research electrical pain stimulation units, this is what he is now suggesting.It's the first time I've actually talked to other people in similar circumstances.My name is Chris and I injured my lumbar spine at work in July of 1991.I now see an orthopedic surgeon who concentrates his practice on the spine.As far as treating with doctor's who have a "good reputation", that is over-rated. I had an L3-4 laminectomy in 1995 by a highly respected neurosurgeon, it didn't work. He then dropped me like a hot potato. Now, I need a multi-level fusion that nobody really wants to do. My current surgeon said if I'm not a good candidate for surgery and he would operate, nobody will end up happy. I've been through it all, spinal injections, surgery, pain clinic, physical therapy,fired from my job, denied workers' comp and social security, I've had zero income for four years now.Did I mention depression? The main goal now is to control my chronic pain. I'm bitter, I dropped out of society so to speak. I talk to nobody except my wife. I have no friends, that's the way I chose to deal with my situation. That is why I told MelW to shop for the right doctor, I've seen dozens of them. That's pretty much my story. I'm excited about talking and listening to others on this website. God bless all of you. cpgdna59

• Hi

First let me say welcome to spine-health. It sounds as though your doctor is speaking of a spinal cord stimulator. Check out that forum some very good information on it there. We have a few members whom had great results with it. Your not alone in your feelings of trying for so long to rid yourself of the chronic pain. We have many members who have been doing this for a long time. While I have not had lumbar surgery, I have had my fair share of cervical surgery. So you will find plenty members here who truly understand what you are going through. Anyway just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health. Look forward to reading more of your post. If there is anything i can do don't hesitate to pm me. Take care.
  • Welcome I know what you are going threw.Been there myself. I am going in for a trial Of scs sometime next month. I waiting on Ins. to ok it We have a few people on here that willing to talk to you about it.

Again welcome

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. perhaps being around others suffering as you are will bring you a new outlook on life....depression, not sleeping, lose of friends and job, these are things we all go through and we know how you feel. :D so stick around and make a few new friends, talk over your sadness or just look around.. you will feel better for it!!!! :D Jenny :)
  • I waas looking at the stimulator also, have meet others who it really works for, so I wish your the best. I can so understand your journey, chronic pain is aweful and seems to go hand in hand with depression :( Thankfully you have your wife. I have struggled with pain, weakness,etc for close to 10 years and this will be my 3rd surgery in 4 1/2 years. I think you will find a lot of support here! Hang in there and let us know how we can help!
  • I want to thank all of you for making me feel welcome. I really do appreciate your responses, thanks again. I'm not wishing pain on anybody but, it's nice to know I'm not alone. :)
  • Welcome to spine health its a good site, and im glad your doctor knows of it and helped you find us. I had to laugh your story sounds like mine, I had a surgeon do the same, i felt like a potato after the surgery, and it was like he was not there to help me, which is a sad statement for him. This is life alterning
  • Hi, I really do appreciate for website work.